CWP holder vs. Would be robber ... And the winner is ...

lowvoltguy

Man shot, killed trying to rob AA meeting
By John Monk
[email protected]
Posted: Sunday, Apr. 12, 2009

COLUMBIA, S.C. - A visitor to a Columbia Alcoholics Anonymous center on College Street shot and killed an 18-year-old man who tried to rob AA members at the center late Saturday night, police said Sunday morning.

"Gimme what you got," witnesses quoted the suspected robber as saying when he entered the AA building at 2015 College St. about 10:48 p.m. Saturday. They said he brandished a .25 caliber handgun.

At that point, one AA visitor dropped something on the floor -- possibly his wallet -- and another AA visitor pulled a pistol out and shot the suspect several times in the chest, police said.

The suspect was taken to Palmetto Health Richland where he was pronounced dead at 11:24 p.m. Saturday night.

The person who fired his weapon and killed the suspect had a concealed weapons permit, police said.

Police are not releasing the name of the dead man pending notification of next of kin.

Police did say Sunday morning that the dead man is apparently from out of state.

Police declined to release the name of the man who did the shooting, saying an investigation is continuing.

Chalk one up for the good guys!

ABC would never promote a positive story of lawful use by the law abiding to defend themselves from real danger. That's not "news" in a world where only vulgar spectacle is reported and celebrated. It's sad, most use of force in the USA is like this story, not bangers in the 'hood shooting their Glocks sideways like what they see in Hollywood and New York rapper videos.

ABC would never promote a positive story of lawful use by the law abiding to defend themselves from real danger. That's not "news" in a world where only vulgar spectacle is reported and celebrated. It's sad, most use of force in the USA is like this story, not bangers in the 'hood shooting their Glocks sideways like what they see in Hollywood and New York rapper videos.

I disagree with the last part of your statement. I believe that the most use of force is done by criminals. However, I wish that this was not the case.

I can only see it getting worse in the future.

It would probably be a safe statement that people that bought handguns LEGALLY use them more LEGALLY in self defense.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back