CWL - Waiting game

Congrats hipster!!!! Welcome to the club!

I sent my packet in for a NR permit on 12/10...still waiting. Used an ink fingerprint card. Almost 6 weeks so far, hope to see permit in a few weeks but we'll see.

I got mine in 21 business days. That excludes hollidays and weekends. I used the electronic print method.

Sent my ppwk off on January 19th 104th day now and still waiting. Spoke with the lady at the permit office and she stated they just started working on the first week of January that I would be looking at at least another month to two months. :angry:

CWP waiting line

Anyone know what the wait is lately?
I heard back in Feb. 2009 that it was 95,000 and the state was adding people to process all the applications.
Haven't heard lately what the wait is now though.
I submitted on Mar. 24th, 2009 and am anxious to get my permit.

Mailed in 4/20/09, received 8/7/09. Just over three and a half months. Better than I was expecting, and I guess I can't complain compared to the 6 months that it took to get my NY :blink:. Glad it's finally here - the 7 year expiration is nice.

Got my Florida in the mail last night - 70 days from the time they recived my packet until they issued the permit. I almost fell over dead, after reading the coments here I was expecting 160 days or more. This was a non-resident permit -the only thing I can think of might have helped is I got my NV CCW while I was attending Front Sight class and they did live scan fingerprints so maybe I was in the system. BTW my NV CCW took 18 Days after they took my paperwork. My Pennsylvania took 11 days so they are the winner in processing time, of course their pemit looks like a doctors note - but hey it's a permit.

Issued

I mailed my application on 05/21/09
They cashed my check on 06/01/09
They issued my license on 08/13/09
Now I'm waiting on the USPS!!!

My wife:
Mailed her application on 05/21/09
They cashed her check on 06/01/09
They issued her license on 08/14/09
She is now waiting on USPS too!!

update
Sent returned receipt on Thursday 05/21/09 (overnight)
It arrived at the unit on Friday 05/22/09
Just in time, so it could sit in the P.O. Box, for the 4 day Holiday weekend!!
Signed for at 7:17AM on Tue. 05/26/09
Checks cashed on 06/01/09
Ink Prints
This timeline is X2, because I sent in my wife's application along with mine and they cashed both checks on the same day.

I called today(08/14/09) and they told me that mine was issued yesterday(08/13/09), and then I handed the phone to Mrs. Straight Shooter and hers was issued today! We should recieve in the mail in 7-10 days.

It came Today (08/17/09)!!!!!!!!!!!!
89 days mailbox to mailbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time for the Wally walk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We expect the wife's license to arrive tomorrow, as her license was issued the day after mine.

I realize that this is a serious responsibilty (the decision to carry), That being said, I chose to break this news to my wife in the following fashion:

I went into my office and closed the door, I new that it was here as soon as I saw the envelope. I opened the envelope and saw my license for the first time, and I read the accompanying literature. I googled the James Bond theme song and I found it. I put my novelty CWP badge around my neck, and I donned my "Sherlock Holmes" style hat. I posed with my (unloaded)Kimber in one hand and my new License in the other, I pressed play on the Theme song and called my wife into the office! As soon as she came in and saw me in that "get up" we both about Died with laughter, and then she came and gave my a big congratulatory hug and a kiss, and she said where's my license? I said,"It didn't come today honey, but hopefully tomorrow!" As previously stated, hers was issued the day after mine and we sent them in the same package to the DOA, at least our license numbers are exactly the same, with the exception of the last digit(I am 4 and she is 5).
Upon examining my license she said, "that's a terrible picture, you look so angry and pale grey" The DOA obviously does not use the same technology as was used on my drivers license. We will do some more celebrating after the Dolphins game tonight!

Stay tuned for the latest updates, reported as they happen!

<-Straight Shooter->

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back