CWL - Waiting game

Glade i live in NH i got mine back in about 1 and half weeks. But then again we do not have to take a CC class to get our permit. Nor do we need to have our photo taken or be finger printed to get our permit IT"S SO GREAT... They have 60 days to say yes or no. There is also no Class A OR B bull shit and no restricted bull shit..

Yeah yeah yeah...rub it in rub it in. :suicide:

I can not WAIT to live in NH one day. I will most definatly be enjoying those same rights as you one day :)

LOL yeah do it up then just move up here.. Hit me up with a Pm i know of a group who may help you move up here and pack and unpack your truck and find you a place.

I agree. The Obama factor may be playing a role, but I think it's a bit presumptuous to assume that it is playing as significant a role as is being suggested in this thread.

I have been carrying for close to 20 years in Florida and have been well acquainted with the CWL process. There has never been another time in recent history that the process has been this backed up.

When the CWL was first introduced in Florida one could expect that the process could take up to the full 90 days. However with the advent of newer technology as well as the introduction of digital printing the process was significantly streamlined.

I have personally been involved with 6 individuals who are presently awaiting a determination on their applications. I have also personally spoken with individuals in the Florida DOACS, which is the agency of issue, and they have made it clear that this is unprecedented. Off the record conversations indicate that it is in fact what you consider to be "presumptuous and suggested" on this thread that is the very issue causing the delay in issuance of CWL's.

Everything that I have stated here is based on personal knowledge and informations supplied by the issuing agency.

Here is our update.

I mailed my wife's CWL application on July 3rd, and they received this on July 7th. She did digital finger prints, which was supposed to speed up the process.

They took almost all of the 90 days that they have in order to make a determination. We were away for the weekend, and when we checked the mail, her license was there.

Today would have been 90 days since their reception.

It was 88 days from the time they received the application.

This puts them about a month behind of where they were in the recent past, and about double the time it used to take them to process at 4-6 weeks.

Here is our update.

I mailed my wife's CWL application on July 3rd, and they received this on July 7th. She did digital finger prints, which was supposed to speed up the process.

They took almost all of the 90 days that they have in order to make a determination. We were away for the weekend, and when we checked the mail, her license was there.

Today would have been 90 days since their reception.

It was 88 days from the time they received the application.

This puts them about a month behind of where they were in the recent past, and about double the time it used to take them to process at 4-6 weeks.

At least, it finally showed up. Congratulations! The waiting is the toughest.

CWL- Waiting Game

I applied for my Washington CPL on September 15, and don't know exactly when I can expect my license. I submitted my fee and they took my prints electronically. The law says 30 days, unless you have been in Washington less than 90 days, in which case they can take upt o 60 days. The people I have spoken to, including clerks at Sportsman's Warehouse and Cabela's both say they have never heard of anyone taking the 60 days. I understand Washington used to hav e a Concealed Weapon Permit, but they had a bunch of people who began carrying martial arts weapons and the like, so it was altered to a Concealed Pistol License.

5 weeks

I have been waiting for 5 weeks and my check has not even cashed. I will have to wait another ten days until I call and I cannot wait. I hope they get on the ball here. I know they are backed up, but my fear is that there was a problem and I won't hear about it for a long time. Any one else take this long to have a check cashed?

I've had my CWL since '05. I submitted my paperwork with hardcopy prints. ON day 90, I received a letter informing me of a "hiccup" in the records in another state. I cleared that and sent a notarized letter from that agency to FL Dept of Ag. and received my CWL in a week.

Mailed mine out 18 September. I callws about it Tuesday (11/4) and was told by the (not so kind/polite soundsing) lady that it was in the system and to give it another 2 weeks. Hopefully it'll be here before then. :unsure:

I just called the hotline today to check my progress. They are still opening August mail, so they are a little behind. The woman seems to be very unenthusiastic about either giving out information or timetables. "We will get to it when we get to it", they tell me. I submitted mid September and I estimate it will be in just before Christmas. This wait is getting obnoxious. I don't think there is a conspiracy, but does anyone know if the law proscribes a maximum time allowed for the processing of applications?

While I am in no way a lawyer, nor am I qualified to give legal advice, from my reading of the statute covering the issuance of a CWP in Florida, I see nothing that states any time period for them to actually issue one.
I'm in the same boat. I called and was told me application was "in the system".....which means what? I have NO frigging clue! Nor was I about to ask the more than pleasant and oh so helpful person who my tax moneies pay for any other quesitons about the application. I got the impression from the very short conversation I had with her that she was bothered by my call to begin with and I should just sit down and shut up and and wait until they got around to my application and sending my permit. Do I think that's actually the case? No. I think the department is totally overwhelmed with applications and they're doing the best they can with what they have to work with. While I don't understand what is causing the bottleneck, I don't know the process they go through to issue a license. I do know that historically government has no desire to streamline ANY process to become more efficient.

And so we wait.................................

I called again this morning and was told (again) that my application has been scanned into the system. I asked if that meant there was a problem with the app or taht the system was just that bacaked up. The lady told me they were just that backed up with applications. She said there was no problem noted with my application, and to check back in a week or so if I don't receive it. I guess I just have to hope for it as a Christmas present. :frown:

They're backed up because of the huge influx of applications, and also they're unlikely to be taking on any new hires, due to the state budget cuts. There's not really any motivating factor to speed things up, either - it's not like they have to give a refund if they take too long.

I just called the hotline today to check my progress. They are still opening August mail, so they are a little behind. The woman seems to be very unenthusiastic about either giving out information or timetables. "We will get to it when we get to it", they tell me. I submitted mid September and I estimate it will be in just before Christmas. This wait is getting obnoxious. I don't think there is a conspiracy, but does anyone know if the law proscribes a maximum time allowed for the processing of applications?

You have to look at this from her side of it. How would you like to answer the same question all day long? I know how old that gets because I've done it for years. Working in a shipping department, giving directions is a necessary part of the job, yet it gets old doing it every single time you answer the phone. This is why businesses have gone to automated recording. While I don't like them, I can understand why they do it.

There's also not much else they can tell you either. Why lie and give you a time frame when they have no clue when you will actually receive it? You may not like the way you were told, but it was an honest answer.

There's something to consider when there is a long delay. I have read posts in a number of bulletin boards that state that a long delay is sometimes followed by a notification that the application was not filled out properly or the fingerprints did not go through. Think back and remember if you did everything correctly. One person did not have his application notarized. There was another where the notary public did not follow the instructions when he or she filled out their section. Others did not fill out their fingerprint cards correctly or their fingerprints weren't done properly.

I was fortunate enough to apply earlier in the year. It came pretty quick. I triple checked the application and figerprint card before I mailed it out. Lucky me, they changed the time frame to 7 years right before they sent it to me.

I hope that you get yours soon. The wait is a pain in the neck.

Good luck!

I finally got mine today!!! Sent it in September 18th and got it November 26th. I guess that's not too bad all tings considered.

I have been waiting since Sept. 8th, I called last week and was told it would probably be another 2 weeks due to the volume of apps that they had.Magicman, glad to hear yours came, I should get mine any day. as far as I know by law they have to process them in 90 days. someone correct me if I am wrong on that.

Got It Yesterday!

I got a letter from the Dept of Agriculture Yesterday. I was certain that they were going to say that there was a problem with my application. It was, however, my actual license! I live in NC, but am a Florida Resident, so I am doing the final checks on the NC laws and limits. Three months almost to the day since I sent it in.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back