CWL - Waiting game

Sent my application in on Jun 3. My check was cashed on 6/23.

Still waiting and the anticipation killing me! :(

Sent my application in on Jun 3. My check was cashed on 6/23.

Still waiting and the anticipation killing me! :(

In a recent email and subsequent phone conversation with a supervisor at DOACS, I learned that at present it is taking on average 45 days for them to just enter your data into the system.

It seems that there is such an influx of new applications based on the fear of what November will bring, that they are terribly overloaded.

Right now you can expect approximately an 8 week wait, even with digital prints.

In a recent email and subsequent phone conversation with a supervisor at DOACS, I learned that at present it is taking on average 45 days for them to just enter your data into the system.

It seems that there is such an influx of new applications based on the fear of what November will bring, that they are terribly overloaded.

Right now you can expect approximately an 8 week wait, even with digital prints.

Seven weeks so far and still waiting! :(

Seven weeks so far and still waiting! :(

There is a number on the DOACS website that you can call to check the status of your application. As long as it is past 45 days that is. Since you have waited 7 weeks, you could call and then will tell you if your application is still in que, has been worked, or is on its way.

There is a number on the DOACS website that you can call to check the status of your application. As long as it is past 45 days that is. Since you have waited 7 weeks, you could call and then will tell you if your application is still in que, has been worked, or is on its way.

Took your advice and called! They told me that my license was issued on July 23rd and is in the mail! YEEHAH! It should be here any day now!

Took your advice and called! They told me that my license was issued on July 23rd and is in the mail! YEEHAH! It should be here any day now!

Glad you called, and congratulations as you join the ranks. I would imagine you should have it by tomorrow.

My wife and I are now @ week 8 waiting for ours. I figured she might get her's before I did as she is a FL resident and I'm not.
I'll give them another week or so before I call I guess.

So I called them today and they have not even begun to process either apps (my wife and I)
I mailed it in July and the checks cashed on Aug. 5th....

The lady said maybe another month which is way off the mark.

I guess if any of you recently sent in the your app, you'll be waiting a while.:cray:

My wife called on Friday, which was day 64 and was told that her info is scanned into the system and is awaiting review. They said it should be very soon. I guess the fear that Obama was going to get in prompted this run on getting in applications and they are slammed.

I remember a few months ago they were saying that it takes 45 days just to get your information into the system.

I am sure you, like my wife will get it soon.

So I called them today and they have not even begun to process either apps (my wife and I)
I mailed it in July and the checks cashed on Aug. 5th....

The lady said maybe another month which is way off the mark.

I guess if any of you recently sent in the your app, you'll be waiting a while.:cray:

As a reference, my check cashed on June 25 and the permit arrived in the mail on August 11.

I called again today just to see if they had begun processing yet...no such luck. Now at 10 weeks since mailed.

I called again today just to see if they had begun processing yet...no such luck. Now at 10 weeks since mailed.

My wife is at 11 weeks as of this past Thursday. She called on Friday and they still said she was in que.

They insisted that they have 90 days in which to make a determination from the date they receive the application. My wife's was received by them on July 7, so they officially have 2 weeks.

It would seem that maybe it is a good sign that Florida may not be too keen on Obama with so many applications going in at this time. I have never seen it take this long to issue.

Are the long wait times due to people being in fear of Obama or is it that there are fewer people handling this stuff? Either way, I would agree these wait times are incredibly lengthy.

Are the long wait times due to people being in fear of Obama or is it that there are fewer people handling this stuff? Either way, I would agree these wait times are incredibly lengthy.

On average, with digital prints the wait used to be around 6 weeks. However, as we have gotten closer to election the times have gotten longer and longer.

Those who sent apps in May were getting their's in about 8 weeks, and then in July it has backed up to 11-12 weeks.

I have been told by those in the know that they are getting slammed, and this only started happening as things startied becoming clearer as to who would repersent the Democratic party.

My wife is at 11 weeks as of this past Thursday. She called on Friday and they still said she was in que.

They insisted that they have 90 days in which to make a determination from the date they receive the application. My wife's was received by them on July 7, so they officially have 2 weeks.

It would seem that maybe it is a good sign that Florida may not be too keen on Obama with so many applications going in at this time. I have never seen it take this long to issue.

Not saying that this pertains to your wife, but there is one other thing to consider regarding delayed applications:

It's very important the applicants fill out their applications properly and provide the proper documents. There's a lot of things that can be done incorrectly and it can take months before an applicant is notified of such errors. I have read about quite a few who were waiting patiently for their permits to arrive, only to find out that that they forgot to provide some information or that something was not filled out correctly.

Last edited:
Not saying that this pertains to your wife, but there is one other thing to consider regarding delayed applications:

It's very important the applicants fill out their applications properly and provide the proper documents. There's a lot of things that can be done incorrectly and it can take months before an applicant is notified of such errors. I have read about quite a few who were waiting patiently for their permits to arrive, only to find out that that they forgot to provide some information or that something was not filled out correctly.

I agree. The Obama factor may be playing a role, but I think it's a bit presumptuous to assume that it is playing as significant a role as is being suggested in this thread.

Glade i live in NH i got mine back in about 1 and half weeks. But then again we do not have to take a CC class to get our permit. Nor do we need to have our photo taken or be finger printed to get our permit IT"S SO GREAT... They have 60 days to say yes or no. There is also no Class A OR B bull shit and no restricted bull shit..

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back