CWL - Waiting game

Hallow

I'm sending out my CWL paperwork and payment today (April 3, 2008). Never thought this day would get here. :)

Now it's time to wait by the mailbox.

Has anyone submitted it recently? If so, how fast did you get it back? Our instructor told us that the turnaround time being faster if you got your fingerprints done electronically doesn't apply anymore due to the backlog of paperwork that Florida is doing.

Oh well. All I can do is wait. :)

Last edited:
I got mine in late February after about a 5 week wait. That was with electronic fingerprints because I was told it would speed up the process. I didn't think 5 weeks was too bad.

I think it's great that so many people are getting their permits in FL. When I got mine almost ten years ago, the wait was about three weeks and that was with old fashion ink prints. Hang in there, Hallow, your permit will be in your mailbox soon enough.

My VA permit expired so I'm waiting on the FL permit now. 4 weeks and counting.

+1 on the excitement of so many ppl excercising the right.

I got mine done a while ago and did the eprints. It is faster than whatever the ink would be, and in Jacksonville they said it was required to do them for a CWP. Basically it just cuts out the extra step of handling the prints card and scanning them in, as well as the mailing time. I work at a large company where we have an imaging department - if you send in paperwork vs. filling out an online form, it takes at least twice as long to get anything done, because that paper has to be fed into a scanner by someone and then shredded.

If you think that's bad, just try getting a passport right now. :icon_sick:

I got mine about a year and a half ago. Sent everything in, with electronic prints, and had my permit in 21 days. That was over Thanksgiving week also. I know waiting sucks! hope it gets there soon! My friends wife sent hers in 2 days before mine and got hers in 14 days, I believe.

Oh and congrats always good to hear of another Floridian getting there permit!

Sounds good, guys! Thanks for the info!

Now I have to go holster shopping. :)

Any recommendations? I plan on carrying a full size S&W M&P9. I'm thinking of carrying it in the small of my back or maybe at the 3 o'clock position if i can get a shirt that won't print.

I did mine through the mail, as I am not a resident of Florida. I was told it could take up to 90 days, but I got mine in about 6 weeks, give or take.

Any recommendations? I plan on carrying a full size S&W M&P9. I'm thinking of carrying it in the small of my back or maybe at the 3 o'clock position if i can get a shirt that won't print.

I carry my Kimber in a Comp-tac Infidel IWB holster 3 o'clock and love it. I also purchased the tucker clip for an extra $15 (i think) which is nice for anytime I need to dress up.

You may also take a look at what JSholsters has. They support the site and also give members a discount.

I just got my NR license yesterday. I mailed it out in mid February and used the supplied finger print card.

Check out Crossbreed Holsters www.crossbreedholsters.com . I bought one for my S&W 1911SC and plan on ordring one for my Walther P99C.

Thanks for all the info! Permit came in yesterday (5.16.08). Only took 30 business days! Amazing! :boom06:

Now it's time for the holster. Thanks for the link to Crossbreed Holsters.

I sent my NR permit request, with ink prints, way back in JAN and I am still waiting as of today, MAY 18, 2008.

There was a "hiccup" and they requested additional paper work, court records and explanation etc to which I fullfilled their request. Am still waiting. :suspicious:

Thanks all for the warm wishes. So far, I've picked up a Fobus Evolution E2 paddle holster (Link Removed) for carry. Took my M&P9 out to the supermarket and the gas station. Felt a little paranoid as I guess everyone gets the feeling that everyone in the store "knows" or can "see something" but everything went perfectly. Went out again later tonight to the store again and it was a lot calmer than before inside of my head.

I intend to get an IWB holster but this is good for now. Just have to buy some new shirts.

Never knew this day would come but I'm excited and glad it did.

FL dept of Ag recv'd my app on 15 FEB..today, 30 MAY I finally recv'd my FL non resident, 105 days waiting..Patience is a virtue

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back