Current wait times...

jfisch

Resident Troll
According to Indianapolis news WTHR 13 the current wait time for an Indiana Carry Permit is 4 - 17 weeks! I filled my application out at the end of November and it took nearly 2 months to get the permit so I'm guessing the 17 weeks is probably more accurate. First the election, then the Newtown shooting and now the proposed gun ban have all sent Indiana permit requests through the roof.
:blink:
Source:Link Removed

I paid and submitted all the paperwork in early November 2012 and have still not received my permit. I have a clean criminal background and completely qualify so I dont know what the hold up can be. I'm trying to find who to contact to check on its status because i feel like if I go back to the police department where I filed they wouldn't be able to really give me an answer. Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

The only way to really check on your LTCH is to call the ISP at: 317-232-8264. If you give them your information they can tell you when they received all your info and what day they're up to with processing them. You can also try emailing them: [email protected] but I personally gave them a call. It was busy for 20 minutes but I just kept redialing until I got through. Once I got through she said that they received my info on Nov. 21st and were currently processing up to Nov. 15th or something. I finally got mine mid January.
Another way is to see if the checks (if you wrote checks) were cashed. That kind of gave me an idea that at least it went that far. Once the checks go through the ISP usually has all your info but this doesn't help with knowing how much longer you might have to wait.
Hope this helps!

I just did an address change about 6 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting on the new license with the updated address :angry:

So I feel the pain of all you new applicants :biggrin:

Just got mine on the 13th of March. So for anyone else out there wondering it took about an even 4 months for me to get mine. Thanks everyone for the feedback

Sheesh! I'm glad I got my lifetime permit back in '08 and never have to go through this again!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I called the telephone number given and they say "Because of Privacy Laws, we can't give you any information over the telephone. Either you have to come to Indianapolis or go to your local Police Department." They say the same goes for an email response. ?? Big time help. Our laws keep imploding in on us.

Here in NW Indiana I was fingerprinted by L-1 Identity Solutions on June 23rd paperwork and money order dropped off the same day at Hammond PD. My permit arrived July 1st. I have had permits without lapse for 25 years until about a year and a half ago. Not complaining but does the State of Indiana do anything else in 8 days.

Here in NW Indiana I was fingerprinted by L-1 Identity Solutions on June 23rd paperwork and money order dropped off the same day at Hammond PD. My permit arrived July 1st. I have had permits without lapse for 25 years until about a year and a half ago. Not complaining but does the State of Indiana do anything else in 8 days.

I just did the online process and it said doing the L-1 process would have the license at your door in 3 days. I about laughed aloud when seeing that.

Switching from Arkansas to Indiana and I guess we'll see the actual time frame...

Here's the timeline of my permit process:

July 9th online application
July 10th fingerprints and payment at government building
July 18th permit issued
July 23rd permit in post and in hand

Two weekends from start to in hand so maybe that added a couple of days but all in all it was 13 days

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back