Current non-res turnaround time

I thought that any local MA P.D. could process an out of state application.I visited my cousin last year and he said that he renewed his permit and asked the officer the requirements to apply if out of state.The officer said as long as he comes in person with a letter from his local P.D.and has a valid carry permit they would start the process to issue a permit which is good for only one year.Can CT be done by mail like PA?.

Yes CT can be had thru the mail. Send an email to [email protected] requesting the packet be mailed to you.

CT Dept of Public Satety

My brother told me that it took him about three weeks after getting finger printed in Chelsea. He now has his NON-RES permit. Unfortunately they made him present a lot of documentation proving that he lives where he says he does, provide a passport, etc.

Hoops for the sake of it.

Went down To chelsea for the fingerprint and photo yesterday. Since the fingerprints are electronic they go right out to the FBI. Went over the application to make sure it was right and asked a few basic questions. Asked the officer how long once the background check comes back. Providing it comes back clean (which it will- already have permits in 3 other states lots of recipriocity ) should take no more than 2 weeks to get it signed off on and mailed out. We can only hope now and will be looking in the mail daily.

4 weeks since the interview/fingerprints and photo- still has not arrived. With all other states that I have CCW this is by far the longest wait. 68 days and counting from the initial mail in date. Hopefully soon. Would it be advisable to call and inquire or suck it up and wait?

Spoke with a nice lady in Chelsea yesterday to follow-up on non-res permit. She was able to say they were in the process of printing it out and should have with in a week. Lets hope So far from time they received the initial mailing till now roughly 95 days.

well it came in the mail today. 105 days from start to finish. The hardest one to get but considering where i do most of my traveling in the northeast had to.

At my appointment for interview in Chelsea. We went over my application to make sure it was correct did not want to have anything come back wrong.(states right on application if anything wrong have to start over and forfeit the $100) Asked a few basic questions (be honest) did the fingerprints and photo. took less than 30 minutes. The waiting game is the hardest and they are backed up.

At my appointment for interview in Chelsea. We went over my application to make sure it was correct did not want to have anything come back wrong.(states right on application if anything wrong have to start over and forfeit the $100) Asked a few basic questions (be honest) did the fingerprints and photo. took less than 30 minutes. The waiting game is the hardest and they are backed up.

What was the reason you gave them for applying? All lawful purposes? Self-defense, etc.? I'd like to apply in the near future so I can get all of NE minus RI.

Rachkir

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back