CT non-resident permit

Your new state DMV should have advised her that she was supposed to return her Ct plates. Her option, but with ramifications if not returned.

Police-State Retardom of Connecticut

Your new state DMV should have advised her that she was supposed to return her Ct plates. Her option, but with ramifications if not returned.

To get back on the topic though: the concealed permit, the CT gestapo said i can just destroy. They don't care if I have an expired one, the way DMV cares about expired license plates! Government imbecility in action! Paid for by you and me!

(What we found out, I don't remember how, is that if she doesn't pay them, they will just claim against her estate with all the interest and penalties when she dies...

That's the whole strategy including in gun laws in police-state retardoms like CT: make a myriad of gotcha laws and policies, which the average citizen could not possibly know and keep track of continuously, and will likely violate through at least through no oversight of their own.

Then the CT institutions of legal theft get the legal basis to pilfer them for money or incarcerate them.

I've lived in 8 other states in my life. None have come after me yet or anyone I know of for something so idiotic, not to mention a decade after the fact.)

"if she doesn't pay them, they will just claim against her estate with all the interest and penalties when she dies..."

They would first have to go to court and get a judgment against her. That means they would have to contact her officially within a reasonable time after her plates expired and demand payment. If they did that, her lawyer could easily get the case thrown out.

Very informative thread. I am in Mystic for a government contract job for a few months. I have a CCW from Florida and South Carolina. Will either of these allow proof of course, basic course, as I did it SC and Floridas was a DD214 for class? Also, can I get an Non resident application sent here or can you pick one up locally, as I am in a Hotel. Sorry for all the questions, just happy I can actually apply for a non resident, as I was under the impression it was a no go before I came up here.

Very informative thread. I am in Mystic for a government contract job for a few months. I have a CCW from Florida and South Carolina. Will either of these allow proof of course, basic course, as I did it SC and Floridas was a DD214 for class? Also, can I get an Non resident application sent here or can you pick one up locally, as I am in a Hotel. Sorry for all the questions, just happy I can actually apply for a non resident, as I was under the impression it was a no go before I came up here.

Likely the class you took for SC will work.

despp: Connecticut State Pistol Permit

I applied about a year ago for a non-resident Connecticut Pistol Permit, which was granted. I had just completed the Texas Concealed Handgun License class in San Antonio, Texas, in October, 2014. It isn't readily apparent, but Connecticut, a may issue state, acts like a shall issue state if you have a permit to carry a concealed weapon in another state (once you obtain the application, then you can see from their questions that you have to supply information for your out of state permit to carry). It took a few calls, but I finally spoke to a knowledgeable woman who confirmed the Texas CHL class would be accepted, and it was. It had classroom and a proficiency firing test. Good luck.

The only thing that I have been concerned about since receiving the pistol permit, is that you have to watch the magazine limit. As a result I carry a single stack pistol, and have recently bought two extra 10-round magazines for my Browning Hi Power.

Last edited:
A note on the class requirements. CT accepted my Nevada training certificate. We have an 8 hour initial training requirement plus live fire qualification. I don't know if CT has made it more strict considering the event of last year.

An update as to how long the Non-Resident CT permit takes to process. I submitted my paperwork on 21 November 2017, DEPS received it on 26 November 2017, and I received my permit on 20 February 2018. The blue FBI fingerprint card is no longer required, only the green CT fingerprint card. Also, as of 1 December 2017, I was told by DEPS that the fee increased from $70 to $300 for a five year permit.

How long is the Non-Resident Pistol permit good for? I do hold a NY resident permit.
I thought I had read somewhere it is only good for 1 year.

How long is the Non-Resident Pistol permit good for? I do hold a NY resident permit.
I thought I had read somewhere it is only good for 1 year.

The non-resident permit is good for five years according to the front of my permit. A word of advice if you are just beginning the application process. Ensure you get someone who knows how to correctly get fingerprints. Mine were rejected twice. I ended up driving to their office in Middletown to get it done there. In comparing my two rejections to the one just taken it was clear the first two individuals didn't know how to take fingerprints.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back