CT expatriat gleefully thumbing nose

Not your Vacation!?!

Sorry to hear your vacation was crappy. You should go to the range and take it out on an Osama Bin Laden target. Always works for me! :wink:

haha no the vacation was great! It was the week I was back that sucked. NYC treated me very well. Actually, i've been treated well every time i've been there come to think of it.

Funny you should mention that.....

I lived in CT back in the 90's while I went to school, and I worked the weekends in NYC. I found that, overall, people tended to be friendlier and more helpful in the city than they were in New Haven. So much for conventional wisdom, eh?

Be careful what you're willing to give up...

Good luck to you!

I don't think it's so bad here. Honestly, i'd rather be surrounded by tighter laws with more competent firearm owners than surrounded by "anyone can have a gun" toting peoples who use their firearm for practice once a year. I like to know that there's more people out there who can competently have my back than a mexican standoff style of society. Of course, I speak only generally. We have both sides of the coin just like anywhere else. Even at my club there's some retards who cant seem to keep their rifle pointed downrange as they walk sideways.

I totally understand your sentiment. I absolutely insist on safety first from everyone i've taught to shoot and been to the range or in the field with. Unsafe firearm handling is not something i will tolerate. But remember - only law-abiding citizens are impacted by tighter laws. Criminals by definition violate the laws. Pass all the tighter gun control laws you want, the BGs are not going to care.

Speaking of gun control... Classification of semi-automatic rifles - no different from a Ruger Mini-14 except by appearance - as Assault Weapons is a favorite tactic of gun haters. They often show clips of full auto fire while discussing rifles that will do nothing of the sort. Having a threaded muzzle, or bayonet lugs, or collapsible stock doesn't change the fact that these are merely semi-auto rifles, slower in battery than several of my pistols because of the cartridge size and bolt travel distance. So-called Assault Weapons are used in less than 1% of all gun-murders. Some 30% of all murders are committed with knives, and some 20% are committed with no weapon at all. The Federal ban was, and the CT ban is, imposed on us with that full knowledge. Still think it is okay? Wait til they ban your favorite shotgun because it will hold 5 shells. Or your Glock just because it accepts removable magazines. Then what?

As for pistols, CT comes very close to having a mandatory registry of firearms purchases and only narrowly escapes violating federal law on that point. Our legislators seem to try adopting every single Brady or VPC -promoted gun-ban trick there ever was. Including the existing laws regarding reporting stolen firearms (making criminals out of victims). What's on the current agenda? Nothing less than microstamping, ammo serialization, so-called "smart gun" technology, none of which would allow the continued manufacture and sale of reasonably priced firearms and ammo to continue (this despite the large number of good jobs that would be lost if all CT gun makers shutter their doors). Have you seen the text of Bobby Rush's proposed bill, HR-45 currently in the House of Reps in DC? It would literally outlaw the private sale of firearms in America, create a national registry of firearms owners, and co-opt the health records of every gun owner in America into a database with not a single mention of privacy, limited access, or security of the records, not to mention designating the Attorney General - a non-elected official, mind you - to sit in judgment of every single application for gun purchase and/or concealed carry in America. Stalin and Hitler and Mao knew - if you want to subjugate the people, take away their guns. Eric Holder is a rapt student.

Some are highly offended and deeply concerned about developments like this - me for one! I have and continue to correspond to all my elected officials at all levels to make sure they know where i stand. You should too. The NRA is right - don't give an inch. Because once you do, it's only a matter of degrees. Want to see a socialized America where only the Cops and the Feds can have weapons? Not me. Want the cops to raid your house and sieze all your guns that don't microstamp? Not me. Believe it or not, there are lots of folks who want to impose that thinking onto you and me.

If you haven't already, PLEASE Join the NRA and CT Coalition of Sportsman, maybe GOA. Write to your elected officials. Be heard. Help preserve the America i grew up in, and want my kids to grow up in.

LUKEM - would you be interested in forming a grass roots association through this site, where we could post draft letters to our state senate and make them available to members? I'd be happy to write one or two (smile).

rick

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back