Crossbreed Supertuck arrived today

GeneralSumter

1 day less than the 3-week promise! Woo-hoo! Ordered via phone on 5/6, received 5/26.

I was home on my lunch hour when the postman brought it. Didn't have time to change out of my dress pants, so I tried it on as is. It is surprisingly comfortable even in dress slacks and a narrow belt. It's definitely a different draw-stroke than from my OWB Serpa, but it prints so much less and I don't have to worry about my shirt riding up as much. I'm rather excited to try it out with some jeans or loose fitting khaki's.

I'll try to take some pictures and upload for everybody.

One question, to get more of a forward cant, I raise the front clip, correct? My service XD has a long handle and needs extra attention. Thanks.

Great news General Sumter! I hope it works as well for you as it has me. You are correct in how to adjust for cant. For my setup i lowered the front clip by two notches and the back by one notch so it would ride a little lower at a greater cant. That's just one of the features i really like about this holster-- the ability to be customized on the fly. How do you like the retention? I'm considering heating mine up and making the retention a bit stronger.

Agree, Percy.

The retention seems loose, but when it curves to my body (3:30/4:00 position) it snugs it to the perfect amount. I uploaded pictures to my album on this site: Link Removed

Give me a week and I'll let you know how much I love it. Really excited how it disappears when tucked, and is absolutely gone when untucked! Crazy concealment even for my XD40 service model (4" barrel, full grip).

Thanks for the info, and the pics.

Been looking for a new holster, and have been torn between a C/MTAC and the Supertuck. The addition of how it performs untucked helped sway me a bit as well. I'm untucked more than tucked, but if a single tool can be just as useful in either mode of dress then all the better.

Looking forward to hearing more after your break-in period.

Ive had mine for about 2 months now. It seems to disappear when i put it on. it gets more comfortable the more I wear it.

Wow. Thanks for the pics. I've been looking for an option to carry while tucked. I've seen Supertuck talked about and I've looked at it, but wasn't sure how it would do with the large size of my XD. But as shown, it seems to work well. I may be looking into getting one of these. Thanks again.

I have adjusted the CB ST by lowering the rear clip. This gives slightly more forward cant and keeps the ride, high. It's even less noticeable now when bending over. I love this holster. Rather than buying bigger pants/shorts, I'm going to lose about 5-10 lbs and slim down my waist. Seems cheaper and healthier.

Glad you guys can benefit from my pics.

Thanks again for the pics and useful review. After reading a ton of others in addition to yours, I too have ordered a Supertuck and look forward to its arrival.

I love my Crossbread Supertuck

Ordered it on 5/15 & received it on 5/29. I have hardly taken it off since (except to go to bed) and that's only because my wife makes me. :laugh:
I am really suprised at how well it conceals and how comfortable it is! Because of what I do I wear a shirt tucked in 90% of the time. I spent a lot of time and effort researching a good holster and was even told I wouldn't be able to find what I was looking for. Boy am I glad they were wrong.
I am relatively new to concealed carry, but my glock 27 with mag extension loves the CS.
Now if we can just get AZ to let me carry in a restaurant that sells alcohol. I will be set!

Crossbreed rocks

The people at Crossbreed holsters provide some of the best holsters and customer service I have seen in a long while.

I have had my supertuck for a little over a year and the kydex started to crack on the front lip. I sent it in for warranty service expecting to get the kydex replaced and hoping for a set of the new steel clips.

What I got was a BRAND NEW HOLSTER WITH STEEL CLIPS and a new set of the original kydex clips!!!:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

These guys are top notch!

I've been carrying my Taurus 24/7 Pro DS 4" in a CB Supertuck daily since I got it 2 weeks ago. Love it.

We did a review on the Super Tuck Holster. Our reviewer loved it, and is getting a lot of use out of it! Plus, the owner of CrossBreed, Mark Craighead, has been great to work with. Definitely check them out!

The answers I found when researching it was that it was quite comfortable, even on long drives. YMMV, of course, but I have yet to see a post anywhere where someone said they absolutely didn't like the supertuck.

How comfortable is it when you are sitting down or driving?

I have found it to be very comfortable while sitting down. It did take a few times to get used to and I had to play around with placement. (I like mind at about 3:30) I have also found at this placement that I can draw it with relative ease even with a seatbelt on. I have to contort a bit, but it can be done.

I am up and down all day and in the car a lot - I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Quite surprised when I opened my mailbox today and my Supertuck was in there!

YMMV, but that's only 8 days from ordering and I couldn't be more pleased. Thanks to Tim for the quick turnaround, and absolute quality holster.

I have found it to be very comfortable while sitting down. It did take a few times to get used to and I had to play around with placement. (I like mind at about 3:30) I have also found at this placement that I can draw it with relative ease even with a seatbelt on. I have to contort a bit, but it can be done.

I am up and down all day and in the car a lot - I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll be ordering one of these soon. Looks really nice and haven't seen anyone say they don't like anything about it yet. I don't tuck in shirts often, but I love the fact that if I choose to, I can.

I actually prefer mine at 4:00, so when getting in the truck, I slide it more to the 3:00 position. Then it is comfortable and easy to draw even with seatbelt on. I also expose it while driving so I can draw faster if necessary. It's still below the center console, so concealed to most passengers.

To be honest, the only thing that would improve the supertuck is slightly thicker kydex. I'm concerned that with daily use, the kydex will crack like Jes said above. But the warranty should take care of that, as he has experienced.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back