crossbreed holsters.

Mmoritz20

Just ordered a holster from Crossbreed Holsters and have a couple questions for people that have crossbreed holsters.

Question one: said it would take 4 to 6 weeks to deliver. When you ordered how long did it take to get.

Question 2: Are the holsters easy to adjust.

Question 3: Do I need to treat the leather with anything before use.

Thanks for the info. And please if you have a Crossbreed Holster leave a review. Thanks.

Mine took about three weeks to get, super easy to adjust, and I put a leather conditioner on the outside to help it break in faster.

Hey I got mine a few months ago, took 3 to 4 weeks for mine to be delivered. They are pretty way to adjust, just need a philips head screw driver to adjust the belt clips. I did treat mine with saddle soap (picked it up at walmart) to stop the squeaking/creaking from the belt clips. The first time I applied it I didn't use enough and had to re-apply soon after. The last time I did that was around a month or so ago. Might ned to do it again, I do notice the creaking from the belt clips every now and then, but it is still way quieter than the first use. Its an extremely comfortable holster, hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

I have a crossbreed supertuck for my Smith&Wesson SD40 and I love it. I got mine in under five weeks. As far as adjusting the cant of the firearm it is vary easy. All it takes is a phillips head screwdriver. Im only 5' 10" 140 pounds and I have no problems concealing withthis holster. As far as treatingthe leather goes, I didnt treat mine at all and it is still extremely comfortable compared to other iwb holsters ive worn such as uncle mikes iwb holsters and Galco's summer comfort. If you dont like the retention of the holster when wearing itthen you can simply send it back to CB no questions asked or you can do it yourself pretty easily with some research (youtube). Oh and I have even worn it to a few special events where I had to tuck my shirt in and the holster still performed flawlessly. Its ugly but it doesnt irritate my skin as i prefer not to wear undershirts and the two steel clips allow for very little unwanted movement of the holster.

Took it about 4 weeks to arrive. Have not used saddle soap or any other leather product. Adjusted the clips to find the right height I wanted and put it on to break it in. Have no squeaks or problems. Conformed to my body and it conceals my full side Glock 22 or my Glock 23.

To get rid of the squeak get a piece of Teflon tape and put a hole in it then use it as a washer between the clip and leather. That should solve the problem.

I have had mine about a yr now and will never use a
anything else. I ordered from Midway USA and had it
like every other order in less than a week.

I've had mine a couple of years, so the "wait time" is really irrelevant to now, but it was about 2 weeks.

I have been carrying since '75...and in the army '67-'71...and my Supertuck is now effectively my only holster.

I have a shoulder holster that gets a little work on special occasions and an ankle holster that sometimes goes along with it, but the Crossbreed is the default holster. Most comfortable concealed carry holster I have had in way too many years to think about.

Mine took about 6 weeks to get but was well worth the wait. This is the best holster I have ever worn. I haven't treated mine with anything since I bought it about a year ago. I bought the horse hide so it breathes better in the summertime.

I carry a full size 1911 in my crossbreed holster. Mine took closer to the 6 week delivery time, as I ordered from crossbreed. Mine took no time to conform to my shape. I have not used any leather conditioner or cleaner on mine. It is super easy to adjust with a phillips head screw driver. The weight distribution is incredible I think. Crossbreed holsters are amazing in my opinion! :cool:

crossbreed supertuck great product, even better company!

Mine took close to 6 weeks to arrive, and I wore it daily, working outside all summer in the heat. I ordered the horsehide, as I expected to sweat. After daily use all summer, I noticed the leather had the beginnings of a small crack where the tip of the barrel pressed into it. I figured I should have been more consistent with the saddle soap. The crack is very small, and is only on the surface of the leather, it doesn't go all the way through. I hesitated to contact crossbreed, as I really love how comfortable this holster is, and didn't want to ship it back for repairs. I figured it would take at least another 6 weeks or so, and I didn't want to go back to my old holster.

When I finally did email Crossbreed, they responded within a couple of hours. I sent them a pic of the crack, (it is very small- about 1/4" in length, and not even through the leather)

I expected some advice on how to keep it from cracking worse, and at best paying postage to return it for repairs, that I thought would probably take another 6-8 weeks....
Boy was I Mistaken! In my humble opinion, Crossbreed makes the best product available, but their customer service outshines their product by far.
Where I expected to hear how I abused the product and didn't care for it properly, (and I think I probably did... Why wear an IWB holster outside in the heat, when realistically I could open carry 65% of the time?)
To make a long story short, I was told not to send it in for repairs. They said they would make me a new one immediately, and it was delivered later that same week. No excuses, no nonsense, they stand behind their product 100%.

I still wear it every day.... If I'm dressed, it's on me. It's that comfortable. Crossbreed is the only holster I'll buy from now on....
(and no, I did not throw away the old one... I wear it when I'm expecting a really hot and dirty job.)

I also have one of their gun belts... If you are still using a normal belt, you're missing out.
This has been an unpaid endorsement by a real customer.... :)

Paul

Very comfortable, no squeaks, and no treatment. Took a week or so from Midway USA. I got it for my Glock but it fits the SR9c also.

Keykutter:249102 said:
Does it make you sweat a lot being right next to you skin?

KK

Mine doesnt make me sweat any extra in my carry area at all. I live in florida and got mine in the heat of the summer. Oh and i got the regular cowhide. Not the horsehide which wqs extra.

It looks like MidwayUSA doesn't carry the CrossBreed holsters any more. I was looking through their clearance section to see if I could find one listed there and came across this one:

Link Removed

Does anyone have one of these? It says it is tuckable, and it looks very similar to the CrossBreed. I think I am going to try it.

Just ordered a holster from Crossbreed Holsters and have a couple questions for people that have crossbreed holsters.
Question one: said it would take 4 to 6 weeks to deliver. When you ordered how long did it take to get.
Question 2: Are the holsters easy to adjust.
Question 3: Do I need to treat the leather with anything before use.
Thanks for the info. And please if you have a Crossbreed Holster leave a review. Thanks.

Mine arrived in just under 5 weeks.
It was easily adjusted within minutes.
I did not treat the leather with anything, but I have heard that you should.
This IWB holster is the most comfortable IWB holster that I have ever owned. I can even wear it comfortably with shorts and a darker colored semi-baggy t-shirt during the summer months.
On a scale of 1-10 (10 being best), I would give my super tuck holster a '9'.

I have a crossbreed for my Glock 27 and purchased a Cleveland holster for my Para Warthog. It was about 1/2 the price. More adjust ability, Great holster. Both holsters are good. Just if you want to save some funds....As far as quality you can't tell the difference.

I have two. One for a Walther and a 1911. I wouldn't use anything else. I have tried a couple of other types of IWB holsters and found none better than this one. I would like to have a good quality leather for my Colt 1911. - I feel bad about the kydex, but nothing I have found it as comfortable. (I haven't tried a Milt Sparks yet.)
Easy adjustment, mine never squeaked. I have one in horsehide. (Highly recommend spending the extra money.) I do try to keep a wife beater t-shirt under my regular t-shirt in the summer. It does help with sweat overall anyway.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back