cross draw

keespens

I am a left handed shooter. i find using
a cross draw with a cross breed holster is the most comfortable way to carry and draw, please comment on your thoughts. thank you

Many people find cross-draw the most comfortable, especially while driving. If you can't find a holster for cross-draw, get a OWB holster with an adjustable cant. I have heard of people that use a IWB, but again it has to have an adjustable cant.

There are some negatives. If you are using the pistol for defense, there are times you would be unable to draw. You reduce the ways you can protect your sidearm. When training, you flag everyone to the right side of you during your draw, making you quite unpopular with the instructor as well as those other students.

It is a method, and people should use according to their needs, but for every time you think a crossdraw is a better method, I can show a weakness to it as well as a way to make it work with a gunside draw vs a cross draw.

I am a left handed shooter. i find using
a cross draw with a cross breed holster is the most comfortable way to carry and draw, please comment on your thoughts. thank you

There are pros and cons to all sorts of draws. Some people say that with a cross draw you can "sweep" innocents. Well, you learn to draw so you don't do that. Also, with a cross draw, your dominant hand/arm doesn't have a firearm on your hip in the way all the time.

Here's the rub. If cross draw is comfortable for you, if you can draw quickly (look up Tueller drill - you should be training for about 1.5 seconds or less to be able to draw and shoot), if you can draw safely, and if you've tried other ways to holster and prefer this more, than you have the answer you are looking for.

No one should admonish anyone for their particular style of holster carry. If this works for you and passes the above tests, than do it.

Many people find cross-draw the most comfortable, especially while driving. ​<snip>

However, a left-handed person, would find that cross draw would put the firearm where it would be uncomfortable (right by the seat belt clicker thingy-ma-bob).

However, a left-handed person, would find that cross draw would put the firearm where it would be uncomfortable (right by the seat belt clicker thingy-ma-bob).
^^^this^^^

I'm a lefty and prefer 8 to 8:30 carry, left side, strong forward cant, IWB or OWB.

For driving I find a shoulder rig hard to beat for comfort and accessibility. I'm right handed so I can fend someone off with my left hand and draw with space to operate with weapon in my right.

When driving I take the gun & holster off and put it on the seat next to me or in the door storage panel. I put it back on my belt when I exit the car. Takes 15-20 seconds. Works for me.

I am in a wheelchair much of the time and am "morbidly obese" (m
Morbid?! I resent that term! I haven't been morbid one day of my life!!!)

Crossdraw seems to be the most comfortable and easy access I have found so far. Although I really liked the flash bang holster, being a women, when I carried my S&W Bodyguard 380. And drawing from a Flashbang is really just a crossdraw somewhere between waistband and shoulder holster level.

I switched from the S&W Bodyguard to a Sig Sauer P238 recently. I have ordered a Flashbang holster for my newest mouse gun but the idea of carrying cocker and locked right next to my heart has given me some pause.....

Cross Draw

When carrying cross draw have you thought about weapons retention at all?? It is a lot easier to take a gun from some one carrying cross draw. Especially hardly anyone thinks about, or more importantly practice weapons retention..

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back