Criminals are stealing police guns

DrDavidM

Criminals seemed to have realize they can acquire excellent weapons from the police.

Link Removed

I guess since gun control works so well the anti's will say it is time to take the guns away from the police, as well as the general public. It is just too dangerous to have someone driving around with guns in their car.

Oh well, another example of how guns laws don't stop criminals from getting guns.

Guess that narrows it down to how I am gonna get my AR !!

That really is a shame it has come down to this, but it was only a matter of time. What I am surprised about is that we didn't hear of this sooner.

What no alarms in cars.Lets wire the cars with 240 volts or stick a plug in the barrels when not in use. We will be able to find the perps then.

Jc40

It doesn`t surprise me.These low lifes are getting braver and braver all the time.There needs to be stiffer penalties for these career criminals.If these criminals steal a police officers weapon and commit a crime while using it,they need to double whatever the sentence is and keep these low lifes locked away.I do however like the 240 volts idea.No running involved to catch the perpetrator.:D

We left my wifes car in the driveway for about 45 minutes the other night so that we could do some cleaning and rearanging in the garage. When we went to move it into the garage it was not locked. It had been locked when we went in. Noticed the back door agar and the trunk agar also. Well the hand gun that we had left in the glove box was gone. We never leave anything in the car(except that time.) Guess one of the local punks now has a new gun. The area where I live is like feeding time at the zoo anymore.

Stolen gun

HK4U I am truly sorry for your lose. Is the handgun all they bothered? Is everything else ok?

That and a dollar bill was all. Was not much else in there but there was a couple of other things and some tools in the trunk.. I think they may have been scared of when I opened the garage. I am as much angree with myself as anything for leaving it in the car. It is amazing that the one time we leave the car out and the gun in the car that happens. It is like a bunch of vultures just waithing for the prey.

that sux HK..hopefully the scumbag wont use your gun he stole against you..and if he does, maybe you can pry it out of his cold dead hands!

Yep, I made a police report but don't expect to see it again unless it is used in a crime.

That sucks!

Sorry to hear that HK!

My roommate is in medical equipment sales and just the other day his work car was also broken into. Well, they tried anyways. The car was sitting in the main parking lot of a big hospital, mid-day, with security. It was only parked there for an hour but luckily the perp must have gotten spooked. The door around the window was pried on but didn't get in. Think it changed my roomates mind about carrying!

On a good note a co-worker received a call from the ATF last week. A Sig that was stolen out of his car was recovered. Wasn't used in any crimes and is being returned to him.

Stolen gun

Sorry to hear that HK!

My roommate is in medical equipment sales and just the other day his work car was also broken into. Well, they tried anyways. The car was sitting in the main parking lot of a big hospital, mid-day, with security. It was only parked there for an hour but luckily the perp must have gotten spooked. The door around the window was pried on but didn't get in. Think it changed my roomates mind about carrying!

On a good note a co-worker received a call from the ATF last week. A Sig that was stolen out of his car was recovered. Wasn't used in any crimes and is being returned to him.

Glad he got it back. Kind of supprised they didn't keep it for themselves.

It doesn`t surprise me.These low lifes are getting braver and braver all the time.There needs to be stiffer penalties for these career criminals.If these criminals steal a police officers weapon and commit a crime while using it,they need to double whatever the sentence is and keep these low lifes locked away.I do however like the 240 volts idea.No running involved to catch the perpetrator.:D

UH, how do you double executing the pukes?

Criminals seemed to have realize they can acquire excellent weapons from the police.

Link Removed

I guess since gun control works so well the anti's will say it is time to take the guns away from the police, as well as the general public. It is just too dangerous to have someone driving around with guns in their car.

Oh well, another example of how guns laws don't stop criminals from getting guns.

I have to say it funny to be surfing the net and read a article I'm quoted in:

Storing guns at home at the end of work shifts can backfire, said Greg Block, a law enforcement training instructor with Huntington Beach, Calif.-based Self Defense Firearms Training.
Criminals can attack officers known to carry guns back and forth between their cars and homes, he said. The best place to store the guns is in police cars, as long as they are properly locked in the truck or glove box, he said. Once officers go back to work, they should bring most of the weapons inside the car and keep them within reach.

"If you have it secured like Fort Knox, how will you get to it in a firefight?" Block asked.

Stealing guns, especially assault rifles, from police cars is a growing national problem, experts say.

Jc40

We left my wifes car in the driveway for about 45 minutes the other night so that we could do some cleaning and rearanging in the garage. When we went to move it into the garage it was not locked. It had been locked when we went in. Noticed the back door agar and the trunk agar also. Well the hand gun that we had left in the glove box was gone. We never leave anything in the car(except that time.) Guess one of the local punks now has a new gun. The area where I live is like feeding time at the zoo anymore.

That sucks.sorry to hear that you were robbed and your gun was stolen.

Jc40

Sorry to hear that HK!

This area is getting worse all the time.I hate to even go to clearwater or ST Pete anymore as they are always in the news with someone getting murdered.It`s a shame that areas that were once nice to visit are going down hill fast due to the constant influx of garbage.

Police Guns

An incident happened about a month ago in Lake Ozark Mo, when some Officers from the Mo State Water Patrol left a full automatic M-16 in their vehicle unattended, while dining inside a restaurant. When they finished eating they found to their dismay that their vehicle had been broken into, and the tactical rifle was gone.:confused:

yeah,well....

late last year, i heard of a U.S. Deputy Marshall who had ALL of his Specops stuff stolen out of that big toolbox that is carried in truck beds ... and it was locked . it is not funny , but i would have liked to have seen his face during a weapons check only to find his vest, handguns , tac belt, and M-16 GONE.:eek: can you imagine what the watch commander was thinking and saying?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back