credit card knife

lrl2ndcall

I purchased the credit card knife for 2.95 and was amazed how well it is put together and easy to use. I really like mine:smile

I ordered one also and found it worth the small investment in shipping. I ordered on the Dec 6th and received an e-mail saying it shipped on Dec 13th. I don't remember the actual date it arrived, but it was before Christmas. The e-mail said to allow 5-7 days to arrive. It's really an innovative design, and I have already used it!

Ok so if you leave it in your wallet and go thru a screener will it be detected as it would seem to me to be a item that would be forgotten at times.

The blade is metal and the rest is plastic, so yes, it probably would be detected, and probably confiscated if you happen to be going through Airport Security.

And its purpose is? Opening packages? Whittling wood? Presents to airport DHS personnel? Please don't say defense.

Mine works real good for cutting my finger. Also open letters and packages. It's not much, but it would be better than absolutely nothing. Carry mine in a metal money/credit card clip. Placed between credit cards, in an obviously metal clip, it might go unnoticed through security.

I don't see this as a practical self-defense device because its not readily in your hand.
"Give me your watch!" "OK, just let me get my wallet out first." BANG!!!!
I prefer improvised weapons. Nearly anything can be used as a weapon... rolled-up magazine, pen/pencil, anything sharp, anything solid, anything within reach. Among my favorites is a bottle of water with the pop-up top. Among the best improvised weapons is breaking the OODA loop of the perp and then acting. Squirt him and when he flinches fold his knee back. Feign a heat attack and when he drops his guard make your move with anything you have. Act with a deliberate intent, aggressively, unrelenting and unforgiving.

It's a cool toy! The blade is pretty sharp, so you could cut through a tangle of vines if you get hung up in the woods! Otherwise, it's just a novelty...

A PR shoe knife is putting single edge razors around the heals of their shoes. Beware of a man with shoes in his hands. Especially holding the toes end.

It sounds like the OP and at least a few subsequent posters are under the mistaken impression that there is only one "credit card knife." There are several dozen different kinds of credit card knives, some fairly useful for one task or another, and some nothing more than useless novelty items.

To which one does the OP refer when he says he bought *the* credit card knife? A link or picture would be helpful for those of us who might have intelligent commentary to offer if we knew which tool we were talking about.

Blues

all this is credit card knife is nothing more than a novelty and something to talk about. No one in their right mind would even think of it as a defensive weapon nor be ignorant enough to tote it into any restricted area after your arrest you would be a laughing stock !!! nothing more than a fingernail cleaner !!!!

all this is credit card knife is nothing more than a novelty and something to talk about. No one in their right mind would even think of it as a defensive weapon nor be ignorant enough to tote it into any restricted area after your arrest you would be a laughing stock !!! nothing more than a fingernail cleaner !!!!

only a novelty nothing more and that don't take much intelligence to figure that out lol

Since you obviously don't know how to link or post a picture of the item you want to talk about, I guess it shouldn't be a big surprise that you don't know that there are serious tools that go by the moniker "credit card knife." While some are as you say nothing more than a novelty item, most come in varying degrees of usefulness and made out of the highest quality materials. I don't know who you were responding to when you said something about them being a defensive weapon or something that could (or should) be snuck into restricted areas, but all I referred to it as was a "tool." That fits the description of most that I have seen, and all that I either own or have owned. There's the Nemesis Ti-Card made completely out of Titanium alloy that has two chisel-ground cutting edges. Nemesis makes several variations of that one that retail for between $25 and around $60 bucks.

There are several Microtech CC knives with various options making them useful for different kinds of tasks. Here's one that is likewise made of Titanium, also has two cutting edges, as well as two finger-holes for holding stability while cutting and three of the most commonly-used sizes of hex-head drivers:

MTASSCCIITI.jpg

That one lists for around $120 bucks. It's hardly a novelty item, and the fact that quality multi-tools like that are around is why I asked which one you were referring to. If that crack about intelligence (or lack thereof) was directed at me, perhaps you should actually know about the topic you're talking about before insulting the intelligence of others for simply trying to ascertain which tool you wanted to discuss.

BTW (that's "by the way" BTW), there are several other credit card knives that have no metal at all in them, so they can be smuggled into restricted areas relatively easily. The blades are made out of ceramic or composites of varying densities of carbon fiber. Not that I would recommend smuggling them anywhere they aren't allowed to be, but you seemed to make it sound like it was such a far-fetched idea that a CC knife could be used as a weapon, and believe me, some of them are more easily lethal than the box-cutters that the 9/11 hijackers used.

You should thank me. I just brought some intelligent commentary to your otherwise novelty thread.

Blues

Link Removed

This is the credit card knife I am referring to, and I believe it's the same one OP is referring to. It cost a grand total of $2.95, and is sold by Survival Life, so yes, I suppose it is being portrayed at a defensive weapon. I bought it because I thought it was novel, so I guess to me it is a novelty. However, I don't see the need to belittle or berate anyone on this thread over it, people purchase things for their own reasons, and I'm sure the cost of this little gem didn't put anyone in the poor house. As for the usefulness of this item, if I were in a situation where I had nothing else to protect myself, and had the opportunity to remove it from my wallet and fold it into it's intended configuration, I do believe it could do some damage. Mostly, it's just a nifty little conversation piece I bring out to show my buddies over a cold beer. And it will and has hacked through some pretty tough packaging!

Link Removed

However, I don't see the need to belittle or berate anyone on this thread over it, people purchase things for their own reasons, and I'm sure the cost of this little gem didn't put anyone in the poor house.

Thanks for the picture. I saw a bunch of those while looking around for pictures of higher quality tools, and figured that was "the" CC knife being referred to.

I have to ask you though, was the above quote directed to me? Whether or not it was, I would say the reference to "...that don't take much intelligence to figure that out lol" was infinitely more belittling or berating than anything I saw anyone else say. I just wanted in on the big secret of which "credit card knife" we were supposed to be discussing, and since it's only now, after being laughed at and insulted by the OP over trying to figure it out, I can't imagine that the above quote should be directed to anyone but him. Whatever.

As for the usefulness of this item, if I were in a situation where I had nothing else to protect myself, and had the opportunity to remove it from my wallet and fold it into it's intended configuration, I do believe it could do some damage. Mostly, it's just a nifty little conversation piece I bring out to show my buddies over a cold beer. And it will and has hacked through some pretty tough packaging!

Well, I don't use any of my knives as self-defense weapons - I'm simply not a knife-fighting Ninja and have no desire to be - but as to it being efficient for opening packages, well there ya go, it's not just a novelty item, it is useful for what all knives should be useful for at a minimum - cutting things.

I have no idea why anyone's intelligence should be questioned just because they want to know which tool was being discussed, but I appreciate your follow-up post and the clarification in any case.

Blues

I am amazed just how brilliant you ! You can read into anything and anyway you feel that makes you feel superior. I did not need to post a link or anything "ALL IT WAS IS A NOVELTY". all the other info is just info for those that care !!! have a good day and happy new year.

If you feel you need a pat on your back, you have it. If I felt the need to post a link or picture I would have; You read too much into things, SIMPLY TO PUT IT THAT SPECIFIC ONE IS ALL I WAS SPEAKING ABOUT. I could care less about others, LET ME PUT IT PLAIN AND SIMPLE, I BOUGHT IT ONLY AS A JOKE ONLY .So if my insincerity insulted your intelligence, wow. have a happy new year!!!!!!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back