Crazy price differences!

Romans5.8

Just bored the other night looking through indoor ranges (I have a range I use, conservation range down the road that's free!). Noticed on the western half of the state that are half as much per-hour and for membership than on the eastern half.

Also got me looking at CCW classes. $50~$85 in the Kansas City area. $125~$150 in the St.Louis area. What gives!

I'll assume both is probably due to a larger volume of folks on the western half. If you can consistently fill classes and fill the range you can offer it at a lower price.

Still... makes me a little jealous.

Just bored the other night looking through indoor ranges (I have a range I use, conservation range down the road that's free!). Noticed on the western half of the state that are half as much per-hour and for membership than on the eastern half.

Also got me looking at CCW classes. $50~$85 in the Kansas City area. $125~$150 in the St.Louis area. What gives!

I'll assume both is probably due to a larger volume of folks on the western half. If you can consistently fill classes and fill the range you can offer it at a lower price.

Still... makes me a little jealous.

Class prices will vary based on several factors including overhead, competition and market. I do not think volume has anything to do with the equation as both St. Louis City and St. Louis County have issued more permits then KC and it's counties. Probably has more to do with the cost of overhead and competition. For example, since I run my classes on my property in the next county west of St. Louis I have a lower overhead then those who have to rent classroom and range space. My disadvantage is outdoor range work no matter the weather.

I think if you did a little more digging you would see that the pricing between east and west sides of the state probably would be closer to even.

Class prices will vary based on several factors including overhead, competition and market. I do not think volume has anything to do with the equation as both St. Louis City and St. Louis County have issued more permits then KC and it's counties. Probably has more to do with the cost of overhead and competition. For example, since I run my classes on my property in the next county west of St. Louis I have a lower overhead then those who have to rent classroom and range space. My disadvantage is outdoor range work no matter the weather.

I think if you did a little more digging you would see that the pricing between east and west sides of the state probably would be closer to even.

Maybe I need to do more digging then. $100 or so isn't the end of the world. I just went through a list of MO CCW's, and found all these seemingly cheap guys all in the KC area so it was interesting.

What do you generally charge? Got any info? Still shopping for an instructor!

I don't want to make it sound like I'm looking for a bargain (though we'd all love to save a buck!). Just an observation that's all. I forget the site I was on but it had a big list of CCW instructors in MO. Didn't know there were more going on this side of the state.

Maybe I need to do more digging then. $100 or so isn't the end of the world. I just went through a list of MO CCW's, and found all these seemingly cheap guys all in the KC area so it was interesting.

What do you generally charge? Got any info? Still shopping for an instructor!

I don't want to make it sound like I'm looking for a bargain (though we'd all love to save a buck!). Just an observation that's all. I forget the site I was on but it had a big list of CCW instructors in MO. Didn't know there were more going on this side of the state.

I charge $60 for the class and have gun rentals available for those who need it. Gun rentals are $10 to $20 each depending on caliber.

I charge $60 for the class and have gun rentals available for those who need it. Gun rentals are $10 to $20 each depending on caliber.

Well if you have any classes coming up I'd love a PM from you with more info! Would probably not need a gun rental. Would bring our carry guns and probably borrow a .22 revolver from my grandpa.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back