Covid Camps: Are government round-ups of resistors in our future?

Oldgrunt

Cyr said:
"So you want to know what I think do you, Ringo. OK, I think you're being way too literal, and both your mental perception and spiritual maturity have a long way to go.

I am not insulting you; I am only saying (admittedly with candor) what I think; but, then again, you did ask. I'd also say that, according to my own religious comprehension, there is more than one form and/or event of death; and an expression like 'caught up in the air' could just as easily be interpreted as becoming mentally and emotionally aware, as it could to the physical act, itself.

(Who gave you the only right answers; and, especially, in view of so much well informed disagreement?)

As for escaping the coming tribulation? Why do you assume that you need to go 'sailing off through the air' in order to escape? I hope to escape as well, but I expect my feet to remain on the ground when I do." ;)

Cyr: As I said before, we seem to be getting more adversarial here than informative of each other's thoughts and beliefs. I don't expect everyone to believe as I do but, if I say something, I make my comment using the Bible as my reference. The death that is being referred to is our spiritual death and transformation into incorruptibility, not a metaphor for a mental or emotional condition. Granted, as a fallible human, I can be mistaken in my interpretations but I do so love religious banter and hope we can get others to join in. Who knows, together we may help convert the last sinner before the Rapture.

We, collectively, as Bible believers should have no difficulty with the idea "sailing off into the air" escaping this world since it is so succinctly stated in I Thessalonians 4:17:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. I would certainly hope that when this event does occur your feet would not remain on the ground.:)

G50AE

Question: if they are going to round up resistors, are they going to round up capacitors and transistors as well?

Ringo

A WATCHMAN
There is no scriptural proof, whatsoever, that the rapture exists and/or is an established tenet of orthodox Christianity. Until John Nelson Darby invented the concept of a so-called Rapture at and about 1830,

THE RAPTURE DID NOT EXIST!

Modern rapture doctrine is nonsense that only overly sentimental and timorous (mostly Protestant) believers like to parrot back and forth to each other. The truth is that it ain't going to happen—Ever! The rapture is undocumented scriptural nonsense. Let me remind you that on the one hand Moses said,

"What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it." (Deuteronomy 12:21)

And on the other hand the Apostle John said,

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:"

"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." (Revelation 22:18-19)

The scriptural lesson, the spiritual message, is clear: No man should ever add to, or take away from the dictates of Sacred Scripture. When John Nelson Darby ( a man who led an uncertain and often confused life) invented the rapture doctrine he violated one of the Holy Bible's most fundamental tenets:

DO NOT ADD TO, NOR DETRACT FROM SACRED SCRIPTURE!

Which, during the middle decades of the nineteenth century, John Nelson Darby had the audacity and foolishness to attempt to do with his apostate rapture theology.

Did the Pre-Trib Rapture Doctrine Begin With John Darby?​

Cyr

:rolleyes: Ahh, . . . Ringo, it amazes me how an otherwise rational person can allow himself to be completely taken in by such pseudo-religious poppycock? That video is just more of the 'same old', 'same old'.

Both the Prophet Moses and the Apostle John warned that anyone who either adds to, or takes away from Sacred Scripture shall be severely punished, AND numerous other statements in Revelation clearly contradict popular Christianity's infamous 'Get Out Of Jail Free' card—Darby's rapture nonsense. I've told you these things before; but, apparently, you failed to get the message. So, here's another reminder:

What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: Thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.” (Deuteronomy 12:21)

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.” (Revelation 22:18-19)

How about leaving me out of any further attempts to validate this ridiculous quasi-religious rapture palaver. The fact is that I do not care what you, or others like yourself, believe. I DO NOT CARE. The rapture is NOT going to happen. Not now, no way, and never!

Darby was a liar, and anybody who attempts to add credulity to his rapture myth—be it Margret MacDonald, Cyrus Scofield, or whoever—is simply propagating the original lie. By the way, strictly speaking it isn't Darby's rapture. John Darby only published and popularized rapture theory.

The rapture is actually an invention of Margaret MacDonald; and, to the contrary of what the above video states, John Darby did NOT espouse rapture theory in 1828. Margaret MacDonald did that for the first time in 1830.

Correctly read and studied Sacred Scripture clearly states that all true believers are going to suffer—Period! Otherwise the Apostle John would not have quoted The Christ as saying,

"Because thou hast kept the word of My patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Behold, I come quickly: Hold that fast which thou hast, that no man might succeed in taking away thy crown." (Revelation 3:8-13)

Perhaps the biggest mistake you make is that you have taught yourself how to read the Bible out of context. If all you've got is two or three disjointed scriptures to support Darby's cockamamie rapture nonsense then it should be GLARINGLY OBVIOUS that you are reading Holy Scripture out of context.

That delusional fool in the video reminds that: "The Holy Bible validates the Holy Bible!" (Which is true!) However, thereafter he proceeds to start quoting scriptures out of context, and gluing his own extraneous folderol on top of otherwise clearly understood and well established bible verses. All of which goes to prove the impossibility of attempting to reason with a fool!

Again, Ringo, I don't care what you or anyone with a similar mindset to your own believes. I am not an evangelizer. You are welcome to believe whatever you like; but, please, stop trying to force anymore of Darby's apostate Christian theories upon me—OK!

If you knew more about John Darby's tumultuous personal life you'd know that Darby certainly knew better; but, as P. T. Barnum once said, "There's a sucker born every minute!" So, wouldn't Darby have been acting out of character to ignore that other well known aphorism, "A fool and his money are soon parted." (Proverbs 21:20) ;)

Karl Marx wasn't too far off, either: "(Muddled) religious thinking and maudlin sentiment are, indeed, the opiate of the masses!" The tumultuous days in front of mankind, now, are going to be full of tests, trials, and tribulations for all true believers, everywhere. In order to pass through these days and survive, a Christian is going to have to KNOW BOTH WHAT HE BELIEVES, AND WHY HE BELIEVES IT.

Only God's mercy, His forgiveness, and His love are going to see true believers safely through the terrible tribulation which has already begun. Why, you might ask? NOT because of some damned fool rapture nonsense; but, instead, because we are already in possession of God's Own faithful promise to deliver those who genuinely love Him! Never allow yourself to forget that: God is true; and He is, most assuredly, THE REAL FORCE to be reckoned with, here!

(And I offer you all of this biblical information and scriptural insight from INSIDE, rather than outside, of its own cohesive biblical context. ~ Selah.) :)

Last edited:

Ringo

A WATCHMAN
Ahh, . . . Cyr, it also amazes me how an otherwise rational person can allow himself to be completely taken in by such pseudo-religious poppycock. And I also offer you all of this Biblical information and Scriptural insight from INSIDE, rather than outside, of its own cohesive biblical context. ~ Selah.) :)

The Rapture – Answering the Critics​

Cyr

Cyr said:
"So you want to know what I think do you, Ringo. OK, I think you're being way too literal, and both your mental perception and spiritual maturity have a long way to go.

I am not insulting you; I am only saying (admittedly with candor) what I think; but, then again, you did ask. I'd also say that, according to my own religious comprehension, there is more than one form and/or event of death; and an expression like 'caught up in the air' could just as easily be interpreted as becoming mentally and emotionally aware, as it could to the physical act, itself.

(Who gave you the only right answers; and, especially, in view of so much well informed disagreement?)

As for escaping the coming tribulation? Why do you assume that you need to go 'sailing off through the air' in order to escape? I hope to escape as well, but I expect my feet to remain on the ground when I do." ;)

Cyr: As I said before, we seem to be getting more adversarial here than informative of each other's thoughts and beliefs. I don't expect everyone to believe as I do but, if I say something, I make my comment using the Bible as my reference. The death that is being referred to is our spiritual death and transformation into incorruptibility, not a metaphor for a mental or emotional condition. Granted, as a fallible human, I can be mistaken in my interpretations but I do so love religious banter and hope we can get others to join in. Who knows, together we may help convert the last sinner before the Rapture.

We, collectively, as Bible believers should have no difficulty with the idea "sailing off into the air" escaping this world since it is so succinctly stated in I Thessalonians 4:17:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. I would certainly hope that when this event does occur your feet would not remain on the ground.:)
'Old Grunt' Allow me to point out that The Lord Jesus Christ, Himself, was (and is) adversarial. Truth is truth, and lies are lies. True, God-loving Christians are soon going to start dying in considerable numbers for what they believe.

"But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him."

"For this we say unto you by the word of The Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:"

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet The Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with The Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
" (I Thessalonians 4:13-18)

These verses are so riddled with ambiguity, anachronisms, and physical impossibilities that without divine insight and gifted understanding they are impossible to accurately understand.

For instance: Who is alive, and for how long have they been alive? Who remains until the coming of The Lord, and for how long have they remained? (Will some, or all, of the Roman soldiers who crucified Christ, be there? The Lord Jesus DID forgive them—Right!)

As for 'being caught up in the clouds' to meet 'The Lord in the air': Is this statement to be taken literally, or metaphorically? Are physical people going to be floating around 'in the air', or is some sort of spiritual enlightenment going to occur?

And what about 'so shall we be with The Lord'. Are physical people actually going to be sitting around on clouds in the air? Or is the author, perhaps, writing about some sort of spiritual euphoria? The question also needs to be answered: Is Christ's Second Coming going to be only physical, or spiritual, or both?

(Do you see how easy it is to—just like MacDonald, Darby, Scofield, and their gullible spiritually naïve followers—'go off the deep end' so to speak!)

Ringo

A WATCHMAN
(I very rarely make syntactical errors, and certainly not after my grandmother paid all of that money to send me through a Presbyterian Synod College where I majored not so much in Theology as I did in English Literature, writing, and grammar—All with straight A's. Which is what my fellow editors have always told me!) ;)
Wow, you must kiss the mirror every time you view yourself. Godlessness in the Last Days... People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, (2 Timothy 3:2 emphasis added)

And then you say "the scriptural lesson, the spiritual message, is clear: No man should ever add to, or take away from the dictates of Sacred Scripture". You sir are a hypocrite. I have presented Scripture to you, neither adding nor subtracting from Scripture, period. You on the other hand "having a form of Godliness but denying the power thereof" clearly have taken away from sacred Scripture. I have presented you with overwhelming proof of Scripture, it is your willful ignorance and love of yourself that makes it impossible to continue any discussion.

You say, "As for escaping the coming tribulation? I hope to escape as well, but I expect my feet to remain on the ground when I do". This we can agree on...your feet will remain on the ground. Maranatha!

Oldgrunt

Cyr: You seem to take offense at opinions of others which are not in agreement with your particular views or interpretations of Scripture. Like you, I read the Bible along with other material and have my own view on most things discussed here. I can't say that I am in total agreement with anyone because their opinion carries no more weight with me than mine with them. I can read them however, and seldom have a violate disagreement their interpretations. I believe the saying, "The Bible said it, I believe it, and that settles it!" Sort of like what you expressed earlier:

"Again, Ringo, I don't care what you or anyone with a similar mindset to your own believes. I am not an evangelizer. You are welcome to believe whatever you like; but, please, stop trying to force anymore of Darby's apostate Christian theories upon me—OK!"

"How about leaving me out of any further attempts to validate this ridiculous quasi-religious rapture palaver. The fact is that I do not care what you, or others like yourself, believe. I DO NOT CARE. The rapture is NOT going to happen. Not now, no way, and never!"

Won't you be surprised if the Rapture does occur? Pre-Trib, Mid Trib, or Post-Trib? I'm OK with either one!

Oldgrunt

Cyr,

"How about leaving me out of any further attempts to validate this ridiculous quasi-religious rapture palaver. The fact is that I do not care what you, or others like yourself, believe. I DO NOT CARE. The rapture is NOT going to happen. Not now, no way, and never!"

OK, we can leave you alone but we will continue in what we consider to "earnestly contend for the Lord.

Cyr

Cyr: You seem to take offense at opinions of others which are not in agreement with your particular views or interpretations of Scripture. Like you, I read the Bible along with other material and have my own view on most things discussed here. I can't say that I am in total agreement with anyone because their opinion carries no more weight with me than mine with them. I can read them however, and seldom have a violate disagreement their interpretations. I believe the saying, "The Bible said it, I believe it, and that settles it!" Sort of like what you expressed earlier:

Won't you be surprised if the Rapture does occur? Pre-Trib, Mid Trib, or Post-Trib? I'm OK with either one!

Offense? No, I'd say it's you who have a vivid imagination. Anyone who wants my offense is going to have to work a lot harder than anything I've seen here in order to earn it. (Don't mistake passion for offense, OK!)

No, I won't be surprised because no such nonsense is going to occur; but, again, please believe whatever you like because it really makes no difference to me. As I've said: I am not an evangelist. If you drop this pseudo-biblical nonsense then so will I. (Happily!) 🙂

Ringo

A WATCHMAN
OK, we can leave you alone but we will continue in what we consider to "earnestly contend for the Lord.
We have to leave him alone OG, the guy is either a TROLL, an intellectual moron, or both. He is the one to come out of thin air trying to force his apostate theories on us and then has the gall to say "stop trying to force anymore of Darby's apostate Christian theories upon me". Furthermore, this guy is so wacked out as to believe that we are already in the TRIBULATION... (Cyr;"Only God's mercy, His forgiveness, and His love are going to see true believers safely through the terrible tribulation which has already begun"). There is no other way to say it OG, for anyone to believe that the TRIBULATION has already begun is without question BIBLICALLY ILLITERATE, to say the least.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlrsk8r