Courses that qualify for the FL CCW

jeffx

Should the Onondaga County 3 hour Handgun Safety Course/certificate meet the requirements for the FL CCW? I thought I would check with the knowledgeable folks here before calling.

The certificate reads as follows:

PUBLIC SAFETY TRAINING CENTER
ONONDAGA COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Be it known by these present that in recognition of the successful completion of the program in
HANDGUN SAFETY - 3 HRS.
my name
has been awarded this certificate of satisfactory completion
date
instructors signature and name
Director, Public Safety Training Center

The Florida application lists the following requirement:

ACCEPTABLE TRAINING DOCUMENTATION
1. A photocopy of a certificate of completion of any of the courses or classes listed below. Do not send your original certificate because it cannot be returned.
2. A copy of any document which shows completion of the course or class or evidences participation in firearms competition;
3. An affidavit from the instructor, school, club, organization, or group that conducted or taught the course or class attesting to the completion of the course or class by the applicant below. Be sure to submit the original (notarized) affidavit but make a copy for your records because it cannot be returned.
• Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or a similar agency of another state;
• Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
• Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;
• Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or military service (persons serving in the United States Armed Forces may submit a copy of their Military ID Card; discharged persons may submit a copy of the DD-214);
• Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state or a county or municipality of this state, unless such license has been revoked for cause;
• Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association-certified firearms instructor.
The photocopy of your training certificate must be clear and legible and include your name, the instructor’s name, signature, and certification number. Please do not send the original certificate; it cannot be returned.

The certificate you describe meets the requirement as far as I can tell. I'd make a copy, complete the application package and get it submitted.

Should be OK, and you came out with less class time than me. Mine was a 7 hour class devoted strictly to concealed carrying and related subjects, and at the end we had range time to qualify. The instructor wouldn't qualify anyone who couldn't shoot! haha

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back