Couple CT questions:

blume357@

Friend over on the Ruger Forum asked a few questions specifically about Concealed Carry in Ct.

Is there any requirement to inform a police officer if you're stopped that you're CCWing? I've read all through the laws and haven't found anything specifically saying you have to. Does anyone know if they can tell if someone has a permit by running their driver's license?

I don't think thereiquirement. It will usually get out of a ticket, though. = )

BTW: I've only not informed once because the LEO was a total prick. Didn't want the hassle.

I was trying to figure out the same thing. This webpage has a little information. What do you think of their reliability?

Link Removed

This is what it has for CT:

Connecticut
Must Notify Officer: No

Wildlife Management Areas:
State/National Forests:
State Parks: Yes
Road Side Rests: Yes per CSP

Sec. 53a217b
Possession of a weapon on school grounds: Class D felony.
(a) A person is guilty of possession of a weapon on school grounds when, knowing that he
is not licensed or privileged to do so, he possesses a firearm or deadly weapon, as
defined in section 53a3,
(1) in or on the real property comprising a public or private
elementary or secondary school or (2) at a schoolsponsored
activity as defined in
subsection (h) of section 10233a.
Handgunlaw.us 11
Sec. 21e
(c) Interference with the legislative process; firearms; dangerous or deadly weapons;
explosives; felony
any building in which the chamber of either house of the General Assembly is located or in which the
official office of any member, officer or employee of the General Assembly or the office of any
committee of the General Assembly or either house thereof is located or any building in which a
committee of the General Assembly is holding a public hearing,

I'm looking for that information too.

I'm also trying to figure out why my posts here are not showing up.

Edit: Hmm, this one showed up...

Last edited:
Is there any requirement to inform a police officer if you're stopped that you're CCWing? I've read all through the laws and haven't found anything specifically saying you have to.
I was trying to figure out the same thing. This webpage has a little information. What do you all think of their reliability? Do you think this document covers all CT laws on when you have to notify police of carrying?

Link Removed

This is what it has for CT:

Connecticut
Must Notify Officer: No

Wildlife Management Areas:
State/National Forests:
State Parks: Yes
Road Side Rests: Yes per CSP

Sec. 53a217b
Possession of a weapon on school grounds: Class D felony.
(a) A person is guilty of possession of a weapon on school grounds when, knowing that he
is not licensed or privileged to do so, he possesses a firearm or deadly weapon, as
defined in section 53a3,
(1) in or on the real property comprising a public or private
elementary or secondary school or (2) at a schoolsponsored
activity as defined in
subsection (h) of section 10233a.
Handgunlaw.us 11
Sec. 21e
(c) Interference with the legislative process; firearms; dangerous or deadly weapons;
explosives; felony
any building in which the chamber of either house of the General Assembly is located or in which the
official office of any member, officer or employee of the General Assembly or the office of any
committee of the General Assembly or either house thereof is located or any building in which a
committee of the General Assembly is holding a public hearing,

The answer is definitely NO. You DO NOT need to inform the police officer. Now, it's common sense to inform the officer if there's any chance that the firearm will show during say, getting your wallet out or your registration out of the glove box in which you keep "stella" safe and warm. If the officer gets surprised you're going to be there for a LONG time before you get to go so sometimes it's the safest thing to do. Plus like the other guy said, it might get you out of a ticket. I've never had to go through this, but I'd probably just hand my permit to the guy with my license.

Also, the DPS will pull your permit for ANY AND ALL arrests made whether they be ERRONEOUS OR JUSTIFIED. So if officer smith arrests you on the grounds that he found a white powder in a bag on the floor of your car but later it is determined that your washing machine broke and that's just detergent from when you did your laundry an hour previous at the laundromat, YOU STILL LOSE YOUR PERMIT UNTIL YOU APPEAL. I cannot stress this enough folks. It can take up to six months to get your permit back even after this. I do believe there is an on-going suit against this legislation because this happened to someone recently though I don't have any information about this. Anyone know about this and can post a link?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back