Cotton Mouth.......

ss1

Doing a little backyard cleaning and a snake comes out of the bushes I was working on, Recognized it as a cotton mouth.
All I had at hand was a shovel But did the job,
What would be a good pocket pistol to carry for around the house doing yard work?

This is a good article. How to Shoot A Snake | The Truth About Guns

Your best round against a snake is a shot shell round. They make over/under pistols that shoot a shot shell and also a solid bullet. There are even shot shell rounds for specific handgun calibers. For example, you can find a shot shell designed for .40 S&W. Link Removed In addition, they also make the Taurus Judge and the S&W Governor which shoot .410 shot, .45 ACP or .45 Long Colt.

If you are out in the country and neighbors and local ordinances don't mind a shotgun going off, I'd have that at the ready as well.

http://bondarms.com/ a .410/45LC ...in the strongest derringer ever built.... also has many many interchangeable barrels & calibers if you want.....

At their website there are photos of shot dispersement....#4 or #6 on snakes looks about right....

When I was planting food plots, I chose S&W Governor. Not exactly a pocket pistol though, but a nice drop leg makes it handy.

Brought to you by Sham Wow

Doing a little backyard cleaning and a snake comes out of the bushes I was working on, Recognized it as a cotton mouth.
All I had at hand was a shovel But did the job,
What would be a good pocket pistol to carry for around the house doing yard work?

If you're just worried about snakes just get some ratshot. It's what Wolf is talking about. They look like regular ammo but the bullet is a plastic capsule containing very small sized shot. The plastic capsule breaks on firing and turns the pistol into a close range shotgun. I use .22 ratshot to deal with starlings around a my home. It's fairly expensive but won't leave dents in the siding like a pellet gun will.

I consider myself a snake friendly person but I do not cotton to water moccasins. It has been my experience that a cotton mouth will not scurry off but instead will hold its position when confronted face on or from the rear.

When working on my property I carry a Bond Arms .410 Shot Shell/.45 Colt with two 3" number 6 shot. The Snake Slayer is not a fun gun for me to shoot as I always end up with hammer bite but I guess that's preferred over the other bite. :)

Best wishes all!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back