Cost of CCW in Kansas and other states

RockyTopDC

Hey guys, I would like to get an idea of what a Kansas carry permit total cost is. Can anyone help me out? Also, I am interested in hearing about the cost of other states' permit. Thanks.

Concealed Carry - Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt

For new applications or those which have permanently expired, you must attach two money orders, cashier’s
checks or personal checks:
One for $100 ($50 if retired law enforcement) payable to “Office of the Attorney General;” and
one for $32.50 ($25 if retired law enforcement) payable to “Sheriff of _______________County.”
ALL FEES SUBMITTED ARE NONREFUNDABLE

Plus you also have to take an 8 hour Concealed Carry course. They cost anywhere from $60.00 to $150.00.
Plus you have to pay the DMV $16.00 once you have the authorization from the AG that you can have your CCL. Then you get in you actual license in about 2 weeks after that.

All said and told it took 95 days to receive mine in the mail after the fingerprinting at the Sheriff's office and the AG sending me the approval letter(which took the longest) then the trip to the DMV.

RENEWAL:

The completed renewal application must include a current 2x2 inch color photo of the licensee and a check in the amount of $25.00 made payable to the Kansas Attorney General.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back