Constitutional Carry

Hamuel

what are everyone's thoughts on this act?

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

It would be that ND residents would be able to conceal carry without the class 1 or class 2 permit.

Well, I can guess that it would be some type of permitless carry, but what does the text of the act you speak of actually say?

I guess you mean North Dakota HB 1169. The text can be found here. You might want to read the text. The way I read it:

• Permitless carry only after having a North Dakota driver's license or nondriver identification card for a year. New residents and visitors get screwed.
  • Must inform police officer on initial contact when permitless carrying. This does not apply when carrying with a permit now and in the future. Must inform laws are stupid as they only apply to the law abiding.
  • Must have North Dakota driver's license or nondriver identification card (or digital image on a mobile device) on you when permitless carrying. You are illegal when carrying without a state-issued ID.

I guess you mean North Dakota HB 1169. The text can be found here. You might want to read the text. The way I read it:

• Permitless carry only after having a North Dakota driver's license or nondriver identification card for a year. New residents and visitors get screwed.
  • Must inform police officer on initial contact when permitless carrying. This does not apply when carrying with a permit now and in the future. Must inform laws are stupid as they only apply to the law abiding.
  • Must have North Dakota driver's license or nondriver identification card (or digital image on a mobile device) on you when permitless carrying. You are illegal when carrying without a state-issued ID.

Does not sound too Constitutional to me. Why are they calling it Constitutional carry? Be truthful. Call it government regulated permitless carry that requires law abiding citizens to "confess" their law abiding actions to police officers upon initial contact. Funny how requiring a person to confess to a police officer that they were illegally carrying a firearm would be a violation of the 5th Amendment. The criminals have more rights than the law abiding.

I prefer HB 38. Not too into S 466.

A completely irrelevant and grammatically incorrect post. This thread is about North Dakota HB 1169 that will enact a form of permitless carry at the state level, and not about your National Carry Reciprocity bills at the federal level.

Rod Blum (R) of IA. signs on to break the 180 make. he is now the 181st co-signor on HB 38.

Rod Blum (R) of IA. signs on to break the 180 make. he is now the 181st co-signor on HB 38.

8f13d166f1148b9220acfe8f4c05b55a.jpg

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back