Connecticut Permit came in today

OpenCarryYes

I got my original permit in 1986 just after leaving the USAF. In 2006 I was distracted (and not carrying regularly) and it expired. By the time I realized it, it was too late to renew and I just let it go. I reapplied this year and it took 6 weeks to the day to come in. However, the cost did go up, A LOT

$115 for the pistol class
$15 to have my prints taken
$20 for the state background check
$50 for the FBI background check
$70 to pick up the temporary permit
$70 to convert it to the permanent permit

Thats $340 total. I think it cost like $35 in 1986...

Going shopping this weekend :)

That is garbage IMHO. It does not cost the police department ANYTHING to fingerprint you. Every police agentcy accross this country has the capability to fingerprint people, and every LEO is trained to fingerprint people. You the CCW aplicant are not costing the police department anything. They are public servants and you are asking them to do their job. They should not be able to charge for that.

and yet when you call to ask about getting printed they always claim the "officer that does the printing" isn't available. :angry:

I too live in CT, and yes, it has become ridiculously expensive to obtain a permit in the "Constitution State". I have both a pistol permit and a CT "Guard Card". When I applied for the GC, I was able to have my fingerprints taken electronically at the DPS in Middletown, but it still cost $15.00.

Give it a few more years, and CT will be like MA. Renew every year and at an exorbitant cost. People like Martin "10 Round Mag" Looney are the reason why. Yet the people of CT continue to vote for people like him.

Our only real option is to move to another state that is much more respectful of our 2A rights.

Anyway, congrats on being reissued!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back