Congratulations

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
You Ladies are definitely have a positive impact!

You gals shattered the glass ceiling of the boys only club and that was no accident!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Please keep up the good work!

You Ladies are definitely have a positive impact!

You gals shattered the glass ceiling of the boys only club and that was no accident!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Please keep up the good work!

Right back to you, Festus! Keep you guys are doing a great job, too. Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much for the "Congratulations". When I first show my mug here, I really do not know whether I was talking to a man or a woman...then I got my footing and I began feeling the tempo and the gender. But guys, gals or in-between, all have something to contribute. The entertainment:to_pick_ones_nose:, the fun:sarcastic:, the sarcasm:pleasantry: -- all the same, I learned to take them all in and not to worry if someone's day got ruined and blamed it on me...:biggrin: It is in understanding that we all live. We are all human. And now the appreciation...you got the mark for acknowledging us, festus...May your tribe increase, mate! and may you have good fortune all throughout of your life. Amen.

What??!! There are WOMEN on this site?? When did that happen?

Oh, man, now I'm gonna have to clean up my act! :biggrin:

I have been a fan of women with guns for a long time,,,at least since they started with the calendars. :sarcastic: Seriously though,my wife is a shooter/ hunter,thats one of the things that brought us together. My daughter carries and hunts. I think its great that women are coming into the firearms fold. More power to ya'll !

What??!! There are WOMEN on this site?? When did that happen?

Oh, man, now I'm gonna have to clean up my act! :biggrin:

Gonna need a lot of soap..:sarcastic:

You gals keep us in touch with our feminine side. I was looking at a pink gun thinking "well if I kept it concealed who would know?". Then I thought " I bet the assailant would feel pretty silly if I shot him with a pink gun".:biggrin:

My wife has applied for her Class A LTC. I've said it before, with a wife who carries who needs A BUG!!!

...snipped...You gals keep us in touch with our feminine side. I was looking at a pink gun thinking "well if I kept it concealed who would know?". Then I thought " I bet the assailant would feel pretty silly if I shot him with a pink gun".:biggrin:
I haven't really thought about that...I really do not like pink guns or pink anything. Not that I do not have pink anything but just that I would rather have other colours like ...red...or green...sort of Christmassy colours...:pleasantry:Then you just gave me this idea of a coloured gun -- wow!! wouldn't that be a great distraction to a BG...???

My wife has applied for her Class A LTC. I've said it before, with a wife who carries who needs A BUG!!!
Right! I must mention this to hubby...he's gonna have a roar about this one...he's supposed to be "the best!" -- I am sure to rain on his parade if I ended up outshooting him in case we get into trouble...:biggrin:

I haven't really thought about that...I really do not like pink guns or pink anything. Not that I do not have pink anything but just that I would rather have other colours like ...red...or green...sort of Christmassy colours...:pleasantry:Then you just gave me this idea of a coloured gun -- wow!! wouldn't that be a great distraction to a BG...???

I'm with you on the pink. I'm just not really fond of it. Now plaid...:sarcastic:

Right! I must mention this to hubby...he's gonna have a roar about this one...he's supposed to be "the best!" -- I am sure to rain on his parade if I ended up outshooting him in case we get into trouble...:biggrin:

I'm not sure she can outshoot me (yet!), but my wife is pretty good. Took her to Front Sight last year for 5-day defensive/tactical handgun training. WOW. I watched her draw a 9mm XD from a concealed holster, and plant two in the thorasic cavity in under 1.5 seconds at 7m. The lady is definitely NOT to be trifled with. BTW, she enjoyed it enough (she had never fired a weapon before this), she became a life-member at FS. O happy day!

I'm not sure she can outshoot me (yet!), but my wife is pretty good. Took her to Front Sight last year for 5-day defensive/tactical handgun training. WOW. I watched her draw a 9mm XD from a concealed holster, and plant two in the thorasic cavity in under 1.5 seconds at 7m. The lady is definitely NOT to be trifled with. BTW, she enjoyed it enough (she had never fired a weapon before this), she became a life-member at FS. O happy day!
I am an Australian...we have been without guns for quite sometime and I did not grow up with guns either...only police and criminals have guns...:wacko:

I am an Australian...we have been without guns for quite sometime and I did not grow up with guns either...only police and criminals have guns...:wacko:

Well, you have my sympathy, ma'am...and I can assure you that, while I'm not familiar with how Australians handled it, any attempt to disarm the American people will be met with severe force by an armed and very determined citizenry.

If you live here now, welcome! If you don't, then please get here, there's always room for one more freedom fighter.

Well, you have my sympathy, ma'am...and I can assure you that, while I'm not familiar with how Australians handled it, any attempt to disarm the American people will be met with severe force by an armed and very determined citizenry.

If you live here now, welcome! If you don't, then please get here, there's always room for one more freedom fighter.
I have been living here continuously for over 25 years now...we go for a quick visit to Melbourne (Oz) because we are no longer tourissy people there. We still have a house there, after all these years. I feel naked when I do not have my carry with me so I have my holster. I still feel half-naked. I try to get out as quick as I can...We have two boys there -- each has their own lives and earning quite a bit of money. If they are here I do think they might be joining the unemployed sooner than they think. Over there -- both said there is no depression. I should hope so!!!

I like it here. I feel safer. And our children can take care of themselves now, so good luck to them.

Why do women need a special forum all there own ? I don't get it ... CAUSE ... I had a Native American say to me one day: "The difficulties between the genders does not lie in their differences, but lies in the refusal to honor them"

We are all gun owners, can we just leave it at that. Having your own special place here just creates separatism.

Think about it before you get mad and say something stupid !

Why do women need a special forum all there own ? I don't get it ... CAUSE ... I had a Native American say to me one day: "The difficulties between the genders does not lie in their differences, but lies in the refusal to honor them"

We are all gun owners, can we just leave it at that. Having your own special place here just creates separatism.

Think about it before you get mad and say something stupid ! On second thought this will be my first and last post here !
I am sorry you feel that way...I am with you about separatism...but I think this sub-category for women and guns is all because not many women like guns. Not many get involved with them nor want to. I have a neighbour whose husband is really under her thumb. I do not believe she will be here talking about guns with the likes of us who are gun owners...

On the other hand, I think this sub-forum was created to hail and give recognition to women who own guns and gained quite an experience with them, if not better than the male of the species at times. We are still a minority you know...so giving us a forum to talk of common things like gun ownership and questions about how we can improve our markmanship (markwomanship) is really a good thing..

You know..I don't really care about a separate forum on anything because in the morning what I do is go to my User CP to look at my subscribed posts. Go through all the messages that are there and look at the latest replies. If I am still interested, I do not delete them, but those that I am not interested anymore are deleted. Then the next step is just to click on New Posts. Does it matter whether these new posts are in Women and Guns or Politics sections? Not really...

I really do not know what your problem is...about women? :hang3:I betcha you would be more annoyed if we have a separate forums for Black Only posters, wouldn't you??? or Mexicans sub-forum, anyone??? Maybe I can learn some latino terminologies and improve my sentences in TexMex???:sarcastic:

Well, I'll support all these separate forums if we have one for "old, fat, bald white guys with bad attitudes". If we're not gonna be fair about it, then...:biggrin:

It's not a forum to keep men and women separate, only to allow for things to be posted that may (or may not) be of interest to men, though all men are able to and certainly encouraged to read what's posted here. As Luke wrote, it's not only for women. Just a subset of the larger picture. For instance, there is a forum for veterans, a forum for the different types of firearms, one for hunting, along with many others. Some of us may or may not want to read about those things, but that does not make them any less interesting to others. Does that make sense? If not, sorry. Peace.:pleasantry:

Yea what he typed...

Come on over. We'll have shrimp on the Barbe and some lobster (pronounced lobsta here in New England)...:pleasantry:

Peace

Not sure why that needed to be typed here... I'm here and most assuredly male... If it bothers you don't come back... If the gals feel the need to have their own space then take it at face value. The sign on the door did not read "women only"...

Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus... Yes we are different. get married and find out just how different...:sarcastic:

It's not a forum to keep men and women separate, only to allow for things to be posted that may (or may not) be of interest to men, though all men are able to and certainly encouraged to read what's posted here. As Luke wrote, it's not only for women. Just a subset of the larger picture. For instance, there is a forum for veterans, a forum for the different types of firearms, one for hunting, along with many others. Some of us may or may not want to read about those things, but that does not make them any less interesting to others. Does that make sense? If not, sorry. Peace.:pleasantry:

Ya don't get it .....

There are women veterans, there are women hunters, they're all verterans, they're all hunters !

Are questions regarding gun's not about guns, I don't see how being a womam would change the answer to any questions on this forum. For example ... debate this one: "Why should I not carry a .22 for self-defence"

Do you think that you're special and need a different place to air your concern's ?:drag:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back