Confusion on Constitutional Carry and Stand Your Ground laws

TRex2

There is a lot of confusion on what the laws of Arkansas actually say, and don't say.

Granted, if this ever comes up in a trial where I am on the jury, the defendant will have full benefit of his or her Constitutional Rights, no matter what the prosecutor or judge wants, but there has been some muddying of the waters here in Arkansas, lately. What the government spokes people say, and what gets printed in news or on TV is little more than soundbites, often with political "angle" driving the statements.

Maybe here in the forum, the issue can get fleshed out fully.

(This is just the opening of the thread, I don't have all the answers, but, if I have time and there is interest, I will do some research and post more.)

I searched for Arkansas Castle law some time ago and found Arkansas has a Castle Law with duty to retreat. There is no Stand Your Ground law in Arkansas.

I searched for Arkansas Castle law some time ago and found Arkansas has a Castle Law with duty to retreat. There is no Stand Your Ground law in Arkansas.
Yeah, I found the same thing, but I am not finished with my research.
Thanks.

Keep us posted of your search results. This is a very important topic that each of needs to know and be aware of. I don't mind being wrong.

Thanks

Keep us posted of your search results. This is a very important topic that each of needs to know and be aware of. I don't mind being wrong.

Thanks
Yes, I am running a little slow (too many irons in the fire) but I intend to keep going.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back