Confritation while Carrying today

He said his outer shirt, not his only shirt. I think your reading a little too far into this. Don't be so aggressive.

You are right. I misread it, and what the original poster did then was not considerably stupid after all, ASSUMING his undershirt was not tucked under the handgun or such... My apologies to Trophyhunter, apparently I get the prize today. May I add something tho? ...It's "confrontation". :biggrin:

Being in the alcohol-peddling industry I've seen drunks call the cops on themselves numerous times. Oh, they think they're calling the cops on somebody else (like me for refusing to serve them, etc.) but they're the ones who get led away in cuffs. One guy actually had a felony warrant on him for skipping bail. Another drunk had given a waitress a $100 tip and apparently expected a little "affection" from her in the parking lot. When she refused his advances he called the cops and told them that he had paid her to have sex with him and now he wanted his $100 back. He was arrested for solicitation.

Sorry about getting off-topic but this thread brought back so many hilarious memories.

tuts40:224234 said:
He said his outer shirt, not his only shirt. I think your reading a little too far into this. Don't be so aggressive.

You are right. I misread it, and what the original poster did then was not considerably stupid after all, ASSUMING his undershirt was not tucked under the handgun or such... My apologies to Trophyhunter, apparently I get the prize today. May I add something tho? ...It's "confrontation". :biggrin:

Agreed and well said!

True story. Reminds me about a man who went to the sheriff to apply for a CCW. While being fingerprinted the deputy asked what kind of gun the man was going to carry. The man opened up his coat and showed the deputy his large revolver. Carrying a concealed weapon with no permit in the sheriffs office and showing it to the deputy. To top it off the fingerprinting took place in the intake room at the jail. This guy had the IQ of a doorknob, if that high.

To respond to everyones replys, Yes I had an undershirt on and I wad at my good friends cabin the couple that was arrested was invited through another person. Needless to say they wont be back. As to giving the reason I did for carrying,I truly didn't feel it was any of her business

If didn't think the situation was going to go that far. In the end it all worked out for us, and the 2 Idiots after they left in the deputies patrol car who cares...

I was invited to my friends hunting cabin today for a party. While there inside the cabin,I took off my outer shirt off because it was hot. And at that point my Sidearm was exsposed.Thats when this half drunk lady through a fit that I was armed.

She proceeded to third degree on my reasonings I carryed a weapon I was polite and advised the main reason was because it was my constitutional right.

After her half drunk boyfriend came in,and calmed her down she proceeded to pull out a pipe (bowl) and started to light,and smoke pot at which time I bacame very angry and asked her why she was carrying an illegal narcotic and infriding on me,and others smoking in front of us.

Her stupid responce was because it made her feel good,and I responded by saying to her that carrying my weapon made me feel good then she became angry again.

She told me she was going to call the sheriff which she did. My buddy who owns the cabin asked her,and her boygriend to leave but before they could leave the sheriff showed up. After explaining what had happened to the deputies they ended up arresting her,and boyfriend for, possesion,driving under the influence.as I stood there pooring salt on the wound ( laughing) she said to deputies, why they werent arresting me.

They told her that I was legal to carry,and I wasnt drunk,and or in possesion of drugs.so all in all it was a sweet ending beiing that she called the sheriffs how stupid can poeple be?????

Unfortunately,there is no limit to how stupid people can be.

As for the reasoning behind carrying being simply "because it's my right"... How many other of our rights are attacked as "not being a right" regularly? People may debate the LIMITS of freedom of speech, religion, assembly, search & seizure, self-incrimination, etc, etc, etc, but even the most hardcore on either side of the aisle agrees that those are rights to some extent. There are plenty who think that the right to own guns is *NOT* a right at all. (See Illinois, DC, etc.)

I don't think it's the wisest reason to carry, but it is a valid reason to carry.

I do not uderstand that the main reason that you carry is because it is your constitutional right. There are a lot of things that I have the right to do but I don't do them just because it is my right. If the best reason that you have to carry a gun is because it is your right then you need to leave it at home. I can give you many reasons that I carry a gun but just because it is my right isn't one of them. You need to rethink your reasonings for carrying.
There are many reasons I carry, that it is my right is definitely one of them. Is it my main right? Honestly, I don't know. But if it was, does that make my decision to carry any less valid? I don't think so.

As for what I tell people, why I carry, I'll tell them whatever I feel like. It is my right to carry, and I don't really have to explain it to anyone. Specially since I live in a shall issue state.

Anyway, that's my opinion. :smile:

Thats great. I have just applied for my CCW here in FL and wondering how i would respond in just that situation....someone contronting me about carrying. I like that you stated because of constitutional rights, i've also heard the fire extiguisher analogy.

IT amazes me how ignorant people can be sometimes.

trophyhunter:224122 said:
I was invited to my friends hunting cabin today for a party. While there inside the cabin,I took off my outer shirt off because it was hot. And at that point my Sidearm was exsposed.Thats when this half drunk lady through a fit that I was armed.

She proceeded to third degree on my reasonings I carryed a weapon I was polite and advised the main reason was because it was my constitutional right.

After her half drunk boyfriend came in,and calmed her down she proceeded to pull out a pipe (bowl) and started to light,and smoke pot at which time I bacame very angry and asked her why she was carrying an illegal narcotic and infriding on me,and others smoking in front of us.

Her stupid responce was because it made her feel good,and I responded by saying to her that carrying my weapon made me feel good then she became angry again.

She told me she was going to call the sheriff which she did. My buddy who owns the cabin asked her,and her boygriend to leave but before they could leave the sheriff showed up. After explaining what had happened to the deputies they ended up arresting her,and boyfriend for, possesion,driving under the influence.as I stood there pooring salt on the wound ( laughing) she said to deputies, why they werent arresting me.

They told her that I was legal to carry,and I wasnt drunk,and or in possesion of drugs.so all in all it was a sweet ending beiing that she called the sheriffs how stupid can poeple be?????
Sometimes you just have to ignore stupid people! They don't know any better!

Seems like you need to pick your friends better if you're having to deal with that crap during a party

I'd say his friend needs to screen his friends better. The Op'ers friend has a hunting cabin. Sounds like a friend to hang onto! I mirror what has already been said. Hey lady! You're attending a party at a HUNTING cabin! Yes! There will be guns!

I think I would have given the host the opportunity to resolve the matter and if that didn't work then I'd call the law regarding the blaten illegal use of the dope.

But the dopers calling the law and getting busted is as good as a BG shooting himself with his own gun during a robery!

That's funny. Reminds me of the episode of Cops where a lady called the cops because she bought some drugs and the dude selling her the drugs ripped her off.

Her hypocrisy

What is so ironic about this is even if you take the worst numbers of the anti-CCWers, the crack industry kills many many more people than law abiding citizens with guns.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back