Condition 3

Malakai Christoff

Is C3 considered a Loaded Firearm under Federal Law?
If anyone has a link or site I would appreciate it.

Condition 3 is no round in the chamber and hammer not cocked, magazine in gun is loaded, It is a great way to be stabbed or killed before you can rack a round in. review several videos my guess is it is not considered an empty gun under federal law.

I'm not sure I'm gunna carry a brick in a holster for SD purposes. Anyway, if ya want a dose of reality in regard to the idea of defending yourself, check this out:

Condition one is slow enough for many of us as it is!

yup 21 foot rule.Several test showed trained ppl needed 21foot to be successful in firing shots. On an average when you need to draw in condition one. You can find all kinds of test on You tube.

in Ohio it is

In Ohio if you have a loaded magazine or a loaded speed loader which is in thee same area as the gun it is considered loaded. It does not even need to be in the gun.

Navy: I thank you, Iron: Im following up on my state inquiry. Everyone else thank you as well but I think I posted this topic in the wrong section. This is related to having a HD SG in the bedroom; C3. Holidays mean visitors & this is the 1st yr we're hosting @ our home EVER. Needless to say some of my family & their kids are very uncooth,loud & obnocious and its been that way for a reason. Finally gave in to the Wife.

A gun not loaded is a rock, start carrying a rock for defense, let me know how that works. Carrying concealed with two or three rocks should be interesting, guess pebbles are a shotgun?? I for one carry cocked and locked with spare mags.

A gun not loaded is a rock, start carrying a rock for defense, let me know how that works. Carrying concealed with two or three rocks should be interesting, guess pebbles are a shotgun?? I for one carry cocked and locked with spare mags.

Nightmare im wit ya! Glock 36:C1,6+1 in a Crossbreed Supertuck & 1xmg.

The OP is not talking about carrying an unloaded handgun, geez....

This is related to having a HD SG in the bedroom; C3. Holidays mean visitors & this is the 1st yr we're hosting @ our home EVER. Needless to say some of my family & their kids are very uncooth,loud & obnocious and its been that way for a reason. Finally gave in to the Wife.

For your situation you might consider a small bedside gun safe on your night stand. The type with that scans your fingerprint might be nice. You could also just carry it on your person for the duration. On second thought the temptation might be too much with the kids you describe. :) :)

For your situation you might consider a small bedside gun safe on your night stand. The type with that scans your fingerprint might be nice. You could also just carry it on your person for the duration. On second thought the temptation might be too much with the kids you describe. :) :)
Yes, I do own a small pistol safe that is bolted to my night stand, wich is intern bolted to the floor but I normally keep the DPG 12 mounted between me and the safe in C3. Thinking I mite have to put that in one of the safes while we have company. NJ State law descibes a "Loaded FA within a childs easy access" as Felony but is not specific on "loaded" which is why my question was directed federally. Waiting to hear back from BATF and The DA, I wrote them.

Yeah kids you keep them locked. Best thing you can do is take your kid shooting when they are old enough. This gets rid of the curiosity. But Still keep them locked. JMO

Yup loaded gun in my State = 1 in the chamber or loaded mag inserted.

Warning they call a magazine a clip :)
RCW 9.41.010: Terms defined.

I think you read this wrong. It reads like line B is meant to cover weapons like an M1 Garand that does use a "clip" and line D covers guns with tubular or other "magazines"

Either way I did not know that Washington was more restrictive that other states.

I think you read this wrong. It reads like line B is meant to cover weapons like an M1 Garand that does use a "clip" and line D covers guns with tubular or other "magazines"

Either way I did not know that Washington was more restrictive that other states.
Looks like your right. But what makes Wa more restrictive?

In Ohio if you have a loaded magazine or a loaded speed loader which is in thee same area as the gun it is considered loaded. It does not even need to be in the gun.

That's friggin ridiculous, That a very screwed up law for a supposed pro-gun state.

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back