Concealing full sized pistols

I usually carry my compact XD-45, but as I just moved across the country, (Glad to finally be able to carry again, the wife and I felt so much safer from AZ to FL) I switched to my 1911 full size after my XD holster turned up broke right before the move. Also, wanting to have the extra safeties on a just in case while the dogs and wife moved around looking for snacks and drinks.

For me, it fit nicely between the car seat and the center console while driving, and when I got out of the car, I simply put it in the holster. I can admit I looked foolish with a cover shirt on, BUT, I was a safe fool. If it was more than to pump gas, I carried it in my backpack over one shoulder so I could easily get it in a hurry.

Good luck, but what I was always told was do what feels right to you, but practice practice practice with whatever method you choose. There is no right or wrong here. Getting caught with your gun in your holsterwhen you need it in your hand because you didn't practice the draw is not when you want to say Oops.

I too carry a full sized pistol XD45 IWB. I'm 5'11" 180.I live in Texas, so you have to have your shirt untucked otherwise you will sweat to death. Try different holsters till you find the one you are comfortable with. So gun shops will allow you to carry into the store unloaded. See what works for you and go for it.

Just ordered a Super Tuck.
Till then I'm using a Serpa at 4 o'clock and an unbuttoned button up shirt... prints just a bit...
I watched YouTube movies on the Crossbreeds and was sold! Can't see a thing!

I'm 6'0" with a thin build, and in the past I've given up the thought of CC a full size. Anybody who falls into that same body size found a good solution?

I'm 6'0" with a thin build, and in the past I've given up the thought of CC a full size. Anybody who falls into that same body size found a good solution?

Get an inside the waistband holster and carry at 4 or 5 O'Clock while wearing clothes that are somewhat loose. Or when you can, carry in a shoulder holster with a jacket on. Very easy thing to do.

Sig + BladeTech

I do not consider a Sig 250P Compact in 357sig very compact...but a Bladetech Ultimate Concealment Holster (kydex) is surprisingly effective. I am 5'6" 140lbs and can conceal when I wear the 250P under a Hawaiian shirt untucked. The holster allows tucked carry too. Overall, it's fairly comfortable, but you'll never forget it's there with the large mass on the belt.

I carry an XDM 40 in a Crossbreed Supertuck with a Crossbreed belt. Very few problems with printing. I'm 6 ft and almost 300 lbs. A loose fitting shirt untucked works well. I've also carried tucked under a dress shirt and wearing a light dress coat. You'll enjoy both the holster and weapon.

everythingadam:223286 said:

Man I am 6 feet slim build as well. I carry a full size 1911 in a crossbreed. It's very comfortable, even with shorts and a t shirt.

Im 5'8'' and 285 lbs, i carry a full size 1911 in a crossbreed supertuck at the 8 oclock position, very easy to conceal and very comfortable

I'm 6'/215lbs and I have two holsters I use regularly with my XD40 Service: SuperTuck and Smart Carry-- both used as the situation dictates. I really need a black belt for the SuperTuck as I think the only way someone would know I'm carrying is to see the black clips that go over the belt and my main belt is cordovan.

I usually carry a full size HK USP45 in a Galco Holster.
picture.php

6'0" 215lbs, I carry a Glock 22 in a Blackhawk CQC paddle holster with a slight foward cant at 4 o'clock with almost no printing, but I usualy wear button down shirts untucked that are loose fit, I have even worn heavy wieght T-shirts with no printig. As mentioned in other comments it depends on your body type and how you dress and of course use a good quality belt, helps if you decide on OWB.

What I carry

I carry a XDm S&W 40, I use a home made rig that is similar to
a Crossbreed holster. - I carry 85% of the time. My other carry is
a XD 45 acp, which I can use my home made rig with it also. I'm 6'
about 222 -- With this rig I can where a shirt in or out with very
little printing. In the winter I have a T-Shirt holster that I wear
(to hot in the summer time)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads