Concealed Weapons Permit Images?

localgirl

It appears I am on the cusp of becoming an FFL employee. Yikes!

Does anyone know where I can find images of different states' concealed weapons permits so I can be sure I am not handed a forgery?

It appears I am on the cusp of becoming an FFL employee. Yikes!

Does anyone know where I can find images of different states' concealed weapons permits so I can be sure I am not handed a forgery?

To the best of my knowledge, you only need to know ONE - the state of the FFL where you are employed. By Federal law, you may not sell firearms to residents of another state. All transfers of this nature must be done through an FFL in the receiving (buyer's) state.

To the best of my knowledge, you only need to know ONE - the state of the FFL where you are employed. By Federal law, you may not sell firearms to residents of another state. All transfers of this nature must be done through an FFL in the receiving (buyer's) state.

I might have to backpedal a little on that. Here is the law according to NRA/ILA:

From Dealers

Provided that federal law and the laws of both the dealer`s and purchaser`s states and localities are complied with:

• An individual 21 years of age or older may acquire a handgun from a dealer federally licensed to sell firearms in the individual`s state of residence
  • An individual 18 years of age or older may purchase a rifle or shotgun from a federally licensed dealer in any state
  • It shall be unlawful for any licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer to sell, deliver, or transfer a firearm unless the federal firearms licensee receives notice of approval from a prescribed source approving the transfer.

Sale of a firearm by a federally licensed dealer must be documented by a federal form 4473, which identifies and includes other information about the purchaser, and records the make, model, and serial number of the firearm. Sales to an individual of multiple handguns within a five-day period require dealer notification to the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. Violations of dealer record keeping requirements are punishable by a penalty of up to $1000 and one year`s imprisonment.

So I'm thinking the pertinent question for your employer would be, "In which states are we licensed to sell handguns?" I'm betting likely only the state in which the FFL is located.

I'd hope your new employer would have policies and procedures in writing covering all this, and that an owner or manager of some sort would supervise your sales for a while, to make sure you didn't get into trouble.

Anyway...good luck with the new job!

I might have to backpedal a little on that. Here is the law according to NRA/ILA:

So I'm thinking the pertinent question for your employer would be, "In which states are we licensed to sell handguns?" I'm betting likely only the state in which the FFL is located.

I'd hope your new employer would have policies and procedures in writing covering all this, and that an owner or manager of some sort would supervise your sales for a while, to make sure you didn't get into trouble.

Anyway...good luck with the new job!

We're just starting this process, so I'm at the forefront of information gathering, etc.

You are right, as far as my part goes, I will only be selling to residents of Idaho, but I may have to handle transfers to other states, and the bulk of our sales will be online, so I got a little confused as to the role CWPs would play.

I think I have both more practical experience and general firearms knowledge than anyone else in the office, so I'm making sure I know what to do and how to do it. Lot of responsibility.

Wow! Now that's service. I need my house painted and the grass cut, too....
Geez girl...this is exactly the reason why I sometimes follow your replies to some post. You are quick on the mark! It has been a long hard summer around here....Thanks for making me laugh today...

We're just starting this process, so I'm at the forefront of information gathering, etc.

You are right, as far as my part goes, I will only be selling to residents of Idaho, but I may have to handle transfers to other states, and the bulk of our sales will be online, so I got a little confused as to the role CWPs would play.

I think I have both more practical experience and general firearms knowledge than anyone else in the office, so I'm making sure I know what to do and how to do it. Lot of responsibility.

Even when transferring to other states YOU wont have to deal with out of state permits. The FFL in the other state will run the check on that side before he delivers to the buyer.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back