Concealed vs Open vs Partially Concealed/Open

Mr Trevor

Hey guys, I'm a long time lurker but first time poster. I've also been CCing for about two weeks now. However, I have a question.

In Alabama, open carry is legal and so is concealed carry. But I've heard from several people that anything in between is not legal. For instance, a concealed weapon that shows a little bit, or every now and then. Or like a weapon that is only hidden when your jacket is on, but reaching for something on the top shelf exposes it. Could it be considered brandishing if it's holstered in a typically concealed method, but it shows a little? Or shows sometimes?

If anyone has any advice or legal resources on this "concealed/open grey area" that would be great.

Thanks!

sounds like a bunch of know it alls/know nothings are spouting nonsense and you are listening,
you would be doing the right thing if you contact the AG's office or the licensing agency for a clarification of the law

I am going to contact the AG's office tonight. But in the mean time, I found this in Alabama's newly updated gun law:

13A-11-7.
(a) A person commits the crime of disorderly conduct if, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating the risk thereof, he or she does any of the following:

(1) Engages in fighting or in violent tumultuous or threatening behavior
(2) Makes unreasonable noise
(3) In a public place uses abusive or obscene language or makes an obscene gesture
(4) Without lawful authority, disturbs any lawful assembly or meeting of persons
(5) Obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic, or a transportation facility
(6) Congregates with another person in a public place and refuses to comply with a lawful order of law enforcement to disperse

(b) Disorderly conduct is a Class C misdemeanor.
(c) It shall be a rebuttable presumption that the mere carrying of a visible pistol, holstered or secured, in a public place, in and of itself, is not a violation of this section.

I believe it's right to assume that this answers my question as to whether or not the scenarios I mentioned are unlawful. And the answer would be no, there is nothing wrong with it.

But I will contact the AG to be certain how he interprets the law.

Thanks.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back