Concealed Carry with Ankylosing Spondylitis

DeanT

I have had Ankylosing Spondylitis for many years but it has never presented any major problems with my concealed carry. First a short explanation, Ankylosing Spondylitis or A.S. is severe pain in the lower back brought on by fusing of the vertebrae. Until recently I was able to carry IWB all day without much discomfort. My A.S. has been getting worse so I went from a Glock 22 to a Springfield XDS also IWB. Even that has become too much for me and I have have switched to the Blade-Tech Eclipse OWB pancake style holster. I can now carry concealed in complete comfort once again.

The reason I am writing this is to find out if there are any other members with A.S. or other "disabilities" and how they get around them.
[h=2][/h]

Similar problems from a injury years ago. I have to wear a brace or support most of the time. I went to AIWB and/or pocket carry (depending on what type of support or brace I'm wearing), a few years ago. I also carry more compact pistols instead of full-size. I've had to accept certain limitations and learn to work around them. There is no possible way I can stand the pain the more traditional 3:30- 5 position. (You gotta do whatcha gotta do.)

-

After my stroke 3yrs ago I lost the use of my right hand, strength everywhere, and very short winded. Effected all my right side. I ended up with an XDs 9mm in an Old Faithful IWB at 6 o clock. Works well for me after learning to use my left hand.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using USA Carry mobile app

Greetings all...
I'm a 100% SC Disabled Vet of the first Gulf war era. I've had a broken neck and I also suffer from pain due to Chronic Sciatica! The pain is quite unbearable at times & yet I carry a PT111 G2 9mm using an IWB holster (I cannot remember the name) & I also carry a Sig 229 40/357 (40 Cal at present) using a Cop-Slide holster (I believe that's what it's called...) Its frustrating living with my disability and for lack of a better way to say it...not being as "whole" as we once were! But, the good in this is that I've been living with this disability for a number of years and I've gotten use to it. (learned how to live with it) One thing I did have to do was go through many...many...different holsters! I think I've about 15 to 17 holsters overall...is that crazy, I don't think so because one that goes through what I suppose many people on this site do & have been through! But, one has to find the most comfortable holster if one wants to carry concealed...am I right?
My heart goes out to ALL those out there that deal with disabilities in one way or another! But, just because we have a disability or are labeled less than...We still have our GOD given right to "Keep & Bear Arms" we still have the right to protect our Families, our Homes, our Selves...our very own way of Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness! Mike, T Cox & Dean T...& EVERYONE ELSE who deals with pain on a daily, hourly, minute by minute basis, thanks for sharing & know this: That there are others out there that are going through the same thing or close to it & have a heart of compassion for you!
Yours in FREEDOM...
P3

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back