Concealed carry vest

HK4U

A vest by bluestone safety was mentioned in an article on carry options in the Jan/Feb issue of American Handgunner. Looks interesting. Any of you have any experience with it?

Link Removed

I was just going to post up about shoulder carry, you don't see a lot of entries anywhere about them. But this vest looks like just the ticket for this time of year. I think that's a GL 21 he's got in his right inside pocket.

I carry a .45 compact IWB (about 32oz loaded) and at the end of the day, I can't wait to get it off. It's not bad walking around, but I do a lot of driving between jobs and it's either jamming you in the crotch or pressing against your abdomen/chest. Always moving it around to get comfy.

Thanks for the heads-up, HK. I'm gonna order one tonight. Be back in a week or 2 and let everyone know how it works out.

Very nice "shoot me first" vest!

j/k. I'd wear it to the range, but that's about it. I'm more of a peacoat/bomber kinda guy myself...

Very nice "shoot me first" vest!

j/k. I'd wear it to the range, but that's about it. I'm more of a peacoat/bomber kinda guy myself...

I don't know, to me it doesn't have that much of a "tactical/military look to it. More like a photo journalistic/safari look. Doesn't seem to scream "gun" as much as some others. That is kind of what drew me to it. IMHO.

I don't know, to me it doesn't have that much of a "tactical/military look to it. More like a photo journalistic/safari look. Doesn't seem to scream "gun" as much as some others. That is kind of what drew me to it. IMHO.

It would be nice if it came in a nice denim though... I'd think more seriously about it.. I ride motorcycles and it would "blend in" much better in denim.
Also the Magazine area needs a flap over it, or be made into another "pocket" in the same location with a short flap, otherwise, if it's hot and you have it open, they will be out in the open and scream "gun"

The vest showed up tonight and I am very happy with it. Looks a lot better in person than the video shows. The one he's got on must have been washed 20 times, so it looks a little beat up.

What you don't see in the video is that it has a heavy-duty zipper front which you only need down a couple of inches to get at the payload. The pockets are great because in my line of work I've got to carry a phone, camera, set of keys, notepads, writing tools, etc. It's even got an American flag sewn on.

I'll wear this under a zippered hoody, so it will be an excellent work outfit for me. Thumbs up.

Tried to load a pic, but it won't take. Will try a little later.

I have a 5.11 Vest I wear at the range and when I'm hiking. Otherwise, I'm wearing a Hawaiian shirt in the summer or a leather car coat (3/4 length) in the cooler months. The lumber jack look with a flannel shirt works for me as well.

I have a couple of black leather vests and a 5.11 vest, the 5.11 one doesn't get used much as it does look like a shoot me first vest.

I"m not interested in "lets go deer hunting" look for church. But a nice tweed herrinbone jacket over one of these might be nice. Anyone have experience with something like these?
Link Removed

I"m not interested in "lets go deer hunting" look for church. But a nice tweed herrinbone jacket over one of these might be nice. Anyone have experience with something like these?
Link Removed

Someday I will get one of those Coronado Leather vests. I just wish someone around here carried them, so I could try it on before buying it.

Someday I will get one of those Coronado Leather vests. I just wish someone around here carried them, so I could try it on before buying it.

I have one that I bought at a gun show at least 10-12 years ago. Need to send it back for some repairs.

We are launching our vests next spring by popular demand. Since we are on the subject...what are some features you guys like...we like getting our wish lists from the public. Gives us the best insight of what people want.

We are launching our vests next spring by popular demand. Since we are on the subject...what are some features you guys like...we like getting our wish lists from the public. Gives us the best insight of what people want.

Just brainstorming here ...

I can't speak for everyone, but I'd like a Ben Cartwright lapels (Bonanza) type vest (instead of Adam Cartwright lapels) but with buttons, which is 1) dressy enough for church with my Herringbone tweed jacket and Tan Dockers Slacks/pants 2) inside pockets that don't print through a gun outline

Possibly a lighter One for Summer ... maybe even a vented back?

I haven't seen this idea on any one else's, but Possibly some sort of SOB type BACK inside vest pocket for a small caliber BUG in addition to an inside front pocket for additional carry options. ( Some People hug at church, "is that a gun barrel in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?") Back comfort might depend on whether they had wooden Pews or cushions ...... just an idea

The leather vest I have now has two pockets on the lower outside front. I would like to see two additional pockets higher up in the chest area as well.

I had a couple of Concealed Carry Clothiers vests. I still wear 'em on occassion, but very infrequently. They work nicely, look dressier than a lot of the more "tactical" vests, but for me I had to get it custom made longer to cover up. Back when I first ordered from them circa 1999, I called and asked about tall sizing. They suggested I order something that I thought was the right size, try it on, and if I needed something longer return it and place a custom order. Only cost me the shipping, plus the added cost for custom sizing.

Concealed Carry Clothing - Vests for both Concealed Carry and Travel and Concealment Accessories including Gun Belts and our Internal Pockets.

Beating the "Shoot Me First Look"

Sew On patches can help hide that Shoot Me First Look. A little thought about misdirecting someone's thoughts is not all that difficult. Amazon.com is one place you can find patches; I'm sure there are others.

Years ago, I owned a fair amount of 35mm camera gear. I knew that the padded aluminum cases where the cat's meow but screamed CAMERA. I opted for an old roller skate case. Cut the foam to fit and I was good to go. No one ever gave the case a second look.

I saw a Spongebob Squarepants patch on a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipak recently. I'm looking to do something like that to mine.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back