Concealed Carry - Private Investigators

jrbrown1991

In which states can Private Investigators, whether or not it requires additional training, carry weapons into courthouses?

I know of Oklahoma, with training - if you are in the courthouse working as a PI. (Might be wrong?)

Thanks!

Concealed Carry- PIs

I am only really familiar with Arizona and California, and in neither of those states does ANYONE carry a weapon into court, with the exception of the deputies providing security for prisoners. The County Attorney's office in Pinal County, AZ has a gun safe unit where officers lock up their weapons before going into court to testify. You just don't cxarry a live weapon into court nowadays.

In which states can Private Investigators, whether or not it requires additional training, carry weapons into courthouses?

I know of Oklahoma, with training - if you are in the courthouse working as a PI. (Might be wrong?)

Thanks!

Let me be the first to welcome you to USA Carry, jrbrown1991! Welcome aboard!

The only state I'm familiar with is IN, and here, they can't.

Not South Carolina.
In SC you use a CWP, and must abide by the same rules everyone else does.

In most states a PI would have to abide by the same rules as a CWP holder. Rule of thumb, a PI is just a PI and not LE and a PI is just a CWP holder with a business card that has PI on it.:smile:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back