790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.—
(h) Demonstrates competence with a firearm by any one of the following:
1. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or a similar agency of another state;
2. Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
3. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
4. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;
5. Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or military service;
6. Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state or a county or municipality of this state, unless such license has been revoked for cause; or
7. Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association certified firearms instructor;
A photocopy of a certificate of completion of any of the courses or classes; or an affidavit from the instructor, school, club, organization, or group that conducted or taught said course or class attesting to the completion of the course or class by the applicant; or a copy of any document which shows completion of the course or class or evidences participation in firearms competition shall constitute evidence of qualification under this paragraph; any person who conducts a course pursuant to subparagraph 2., subparagraph 3., or subparagraph 7., or who, as an instructor, attests to the completion of such courses, must maintain records certifying that he or she observed the student safely handle and discharge the firearm;
I just found out that you do not need to take the CC class if you have your DD214 from your time with the military! I did NOT know this and no one seems to want to pass it on. Check it out for yourself!
My DD214 no problem with a out of State permit. Although it doesn't state it's a "Out of State" just has your recent address. WHICH can be changed on line.
Mine was issued in August of 2010 and does not have it. I think the change was July 1 of 2010. My Florida DL was one of the first ones with the new emblem in the corner under the state emblem. Prior DL type was a gold star in same location. New is gold circle with background color star in it. 2014 starts the requirements for that type license to enter Federal buildings/airplanes/nuke plants without extra hassles. Copy of birth certificate is scanned into the back of it along with a digital picture and other data. CWorFL had the addresses removed as a part of the state FOIA change as license holders for concealed carry are exempted from FOIA requirements. Both the CWorFL and a form of gov't ID issued have to be provided a LEO if demanded and the new DL proves you proved who you were.Well my Fla permit sure as hell does it was issued 2010.