Concealed Carry Location Database

cchforums

Hi all,

I recently completed the requirements for a Concealed Carry Permit in North Carolina and was trying to find out more information about which privately owned businesses in the area allow/prohibit concealed carry on their property but was unable to do so.

So I created the Link Removed with the premise that members of the Concealed Carry community could contribute to and draw from that knowledge base in hopes that you have an idea of what's allowed at the property you're visiting before you get to the door. This would mainly benefit those of us new to Concealed Carry and not 100% familiar with the policies of the businesses in our area. Those that have been carrying for some time would be a great asset.

Feel free to contribute. I developed this myself and suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks for your time!

There's also another one. I used to have it on my phone, but it really wasn't as useful in my area as it would be in a large city.

Welcome to the forum!

Good idea. I hope the data can be verified so there are no misunderstandings! In other words, those posting have actually seen the sign(s) at the gates!

Thanks!

An inherient issue with community maintained data is ensuring it's accuracy, as there's no way to independently verify each record. The database is set up so that each record is able to be updated by any user. There is also a mechanism for users with elevated privileges to revert those changes if need be (e.g. some jerk goes through and messes everything up.)

It's good to know there are other solutions out there, however I never came across them when I was deciding if this was something worth pursuing. I'll ride it out for a while and see what happens!

Thanks again!

Let's say I own a record store or comic book store or I'm a one-man-show making jewelry and any one of those businesses is renting space in a strip-mall. Let's say I was one of the first ones to set up in the then-new strip-mall, and several years later, after I had established my business in that location and was doing well, the property sells to a large real estate concern with corporate insurance mandates against renting to businesses that allow guns inside. Some corporate lackey shows up one day shortly thereafter and puts no firearms signs either on every businesses' door, or sinks 'em in the asphalt around the parking lot, and one of my customers comes along, walks up to the door or parks where he can see the sign nearest my business, and then plugs my business' name into your app. Who do I call to get my business name removed? Or does your "community" tell me I have to move from my established place of business to someplace that's not necessarily more friendly to my business, but more friendly to them, even though they knew I'd been friendly to them all along?

These kinds of apps are lawsuits waiting to happen. You have no idea the circumstances, constraints, considerations or personal preferences of the business owner that put that sign up, or had it put up against his wishes as the case may be, yet you're going to try to ruin his business to suit your circumstances, constraints, considerations and personal preferences better? If I download an app like this and see my business name and address show up as "anti-gun" or "anti-2nd-Amendment," I'm calling my lawyer and looking for who's responsible for that defamation. And if I can correlate the entry of my name in the "data" with a reduction in sales or traffic or whatever contributed to the success of my business before some yahoo decided to interfere in it, I'll squeeze every penny I can out of whoever was responsible for this kind of nonsense.

I'm as strict a "shall not be infringed" kinda guy as you'll find on this website, and I believe strongly in the most important part of the 2A, the period that immediately follows those words, but I'll be damned if I'll sit idly by while some do-gooder tries to drive traffic away from my business on the basis that a stranger tags me as unfriendly to the "community" that I've spent the most time and money in my life supporting, defending and advocating for. As strongly as I believe in the unambiguous nature of that period, you really need to try to look beyond it in this instance.

Blues

Let's say I own a record store or comic book store or I'm a one-man-show making jewelry and any one of those businesses is renting space in a strip-mall. Let's say I was one of the first ones to set up in the then-new strip-mall, and several years later, after I had established my business in that location and was doing well, the property sells to a large real estate concern with corporate insurance mandates against renting to businesses that allow guns inside. Some corporate lackey shows up one day shortly thereafter and puts no firearms signs either on every businesses' door, or sinks 'em in the asphalt around the parking lot, and one of my customers comes along, walks up to the door or parks where he can see the sign nearest my business, and then plugs my business' name into your app. Who do I call to get my business name removed? Or does your "community" tell me I have to move from my established place of business to someplace that's not necessarily more friendly to my business, but more friendly to them, even though they knew I'd been friendly to them all along?

These kinds of apps are lawsuits waiting to happen. You have no idea the circumstances, constraints, considerations or personal preferences of the business owner that put that sign up, or had it put up against his wishes as the case may be, yet you're going to try to ruin his business to suit your circumstances, constraints, considerations and personal preferences better? If I download an app like this and see my business name and address show up as "anti-gun" or "anti-2nd-Amendment," I'm calling my lawyer and looking for who's responsible for that defamation. And if I can correlate the entry of my name in the "data" with a reduction in sales or traffic or whatever contributed to the success of my business before some yahoo decided to interfere in it, I'll squeeze every penny I can out of whoever was responsible for this kind of nonsense.

I'm as strict a "shall not be infringed" kinda guy as you'll find on this website, and I believe strongly in the most important part of the 2A, the period that immediately follows those words, but I'll be damned if I'll sit idly by while some do-gooder tries to drive traffic away from my business on the basis that a stranger tags me as unfriendly to the "community" that I've spent the most time and money in my life supporting, defending and advocating for. As strongly as I believe in the unambiguous nature of that period, you really need to try to look beyond it in this instance.

Blues

Thanks for the opinion. Although I think you misunderstand the purpose, as no places are marked "anti-gun". While I appreciate your interpretation of the Second Amendment and would tend to agree, the fact is in most states it is legal for a private property owner to deny individuals the right to carry while on their property. My intent is not to steer business from one place to another, but to maybe give someone who wants to comply with the law an idea of what to expect before they head out. In your example, the property owner decided to deny individuals the right to carry while on the property. If a customer, tenant or otherwise wants to comply with the law they wouldn't carry while on the property.

All I'm trying to do is facilitate a way for someone to gather that information before they get there.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the opinion. Although I think you misunderstand the purpose, as no places are marked "anti-gun". While I appreciate your interpretation of the Second Amendment and would tend to agree, the fact is in most states it is legal for a private property owner to deny individuals the right to carry while on their property. My intent is not to steer business from one place to another, but to maybe give someone who wants to comply with the law an idea of what to expect before they head out. In your example, the property owner decided to deny individuals the right to carry while on the property. If a customer, tenant or otherwise wants to comply with the law they wouldn't carry while on the property.

All I'm trying to do is facilitate a way for someone to gather that information before they get there.

Thanks again!

Yeah, you can spin it any way you wish, but the end result is the same. That app can contribute to driving business away from innocent business owners' establishments. There are many possible scenarios besides the one I gave in which the business owner would suffer through no fault of his/her own, and the more people participating in your little anonymous digital "community," the higher the odds that exactly that will happen.

I'm not saying that you're not well-intentioned, I perceive that you most likely are. I'm just saying that you can't see beyond the period, and that that myopia may well result in hurting some of the best allies gun rights advocates have - ones with money.

Blues

I use an app called "POSTED" that list businesses that post "No Gun" signs. The intent is to advise the user of this before he drives across town to a post restrauant for dinner. Yes it also lists gun friendly alternatives. I personally would rather not do business at a posted location, but at least let me haave the info before driving across town, walking uo to the door to learn it is not gun friendly. I don't want to have to walk back to my car and secure my gun. If I am leaving my gun in the car, I would rather know before hand.

Here's Michigan's list, it can be sorted by type of business, county, city, etc.

Link Removed

Note to Blues: If a business is listed here in error, there is a simple way for taking it off the list.

I've had MCRGO take a couple off myself. Both were chain stores/restaurants that have a corporate no gun policy, but some franchisee's allow legal carrying. They were taken off the list, and I received an email confirmation less than a week later, that they had removed it. and thanked me for notifying them.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back