Concealed Carry Jackets

CDR_Glock

Glock 23
I just ordered a Concealed Carry Jacket. Has anyone used one of these? If so, do you still have the gun in a holster?

No the gun does not go into a traditional holster on most.
I ordered a concealed carry vest from N.R.A. Not only was it junk but expensive junk to boot. I hope you ordered from someone else. The carry pockets on either side of front both ripped out and the holsters are no more than elastic cheaply sewn to Velcro. My wife makes all my concealed carry jackets and vests now. She sews in a cloth holster (fit to the gun) to one of the outside pockets. She uses a Carhartt jacket or vest to start with and then sews in the cloth holster, it works great.

No the gun does not go into a traditional holster on most.
I ordered a concealed carry vest from N.R.A. Not only was it junk but expensive junk to boot. I hope you ordered from someone else. The carry pockets on either side of front both ripped out and the holsters are no more than elastic cheaply sewn to Velcro. My wife makes all my concealed carry jackets and vests now. She sews in a cloth holster (fit to the gun) to one of the outside pockets. She uses a Carhartt jacket or vest to start with and then sews in the cloth holster, it works great.

Can you post a photo of your wife's work? Thanks!

Duke, It was not from the NRA. It was from The Sportsmans Guide. I needed a light coat, anyways, since Florida is not a cold state. I thought of getting a leather Sig Sauer jacket.

Personally I would only use the jacket for a burner/bug gun.

Still have your primary gun holstered on your hip. Just my experience.

A concealed carry jacket is just a carry option I like to have. I have a box full of concealment/holster choices. How I carry varies with what I am wearing, where I am going, and what I am carrying. Yes, most of the time I carry the same way, A snubby, IWB strong side appendix position. and if I am wearing a jacket, I keep a BUG concealed in it. Or could chose to carry my 1911 in it. It's all about choices.

one of the site sponsors sell concealed carry jackets that don't look bad at all...

So I received the jacket. It has a snap for securing the gun. It has two holsters for magazines.

The problem with it's design is that the inner compartment flares open when a gun is in the holster and the jacket is unbuttoned. My only solution is to get a method of having the inner compartment secured with snaps, a zipper or other means.

It easily holds a Para P 14. Since it is heavily padded the gun does not show.

I ride a motorcycle so I specifically buy leather jackets/vests that have interior concealed carry pockets that snap shut. Too much lint collects in jacket pockets so I use Blackhawk nylon pocket holsters. A size 4 should hold a G23 or G27. The band around the middle is abrasive and keeps the holster in the pocket if you need to draw.

Link Removed

Sorry but I don't know how to upload mult images from the iPhone. This is their integrated magazine holster in my concealed carry winter jacket.

So I received the jacket. It has a snap for securing the gun. It has two holsters for magazines.

The problem with it's design is that the inner compartment flares open when a gun is in the holster and the jacket is unbuttoned. My only solution is to get a method of having the inner compartment secured with snaps, a zipper or other means.

It easily holds a Para P 14. Since it is heavily padded the gun does not show.

I would suggest velcro.

A concealed carry jacket is just a carry option I like to have. I have a box full of concealment/holster choices. How I carry varies with what I am wearing, where I am going, and what I am carrying. Yes, most of the time I carry the same way, A snubby, IWB strong side appendix position. and if I am wearing a jacket, I keep a BUG concealed in it. Or could chose to carry my 1911 in it. It's all about choices.
Vinnie: I really liked that quote ! I have read Luke ; I missed that one . Good to know Christians can defend themselves . God Bless .

a little off the topic, but, I am a big boy and with winter here, I am looking for a Conceal Carry Jacket in either 4X or 5X. does anyone know of a place that sells them?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back