Concealed Carry in Restaurants and Bars in Arizona

Yeah, it often doesn't. Something we must always keep in mind is that most laws that are passed often do not immediately go into effect. Any time a new law is signed, it would be prudent to find out for certain when it takes effect.

Welcome to the site.

While I'm a strong advocate of second amendment rights, I do worry about the unintended consequences of Arizona's "guns in bars" bill. Here's my concern...a group of licensed-for-concealed-carry folks enter an establishment where alcohol is served. One of them is carrying. That person orders a non-alcoholic beverage. Next round, the gun is passed to the right and that person, who consumed an alcoholic drink in the first round, now orders a non-alcoholic beverage. And so on and so on. Technically, the person carrying the gun, is not consuming alcohol. Does anyone know if this bill specifies that a gun toter must not have any alcohol in his/her system...or only that a gun carrier not consume alcohol while carrying.

At my age, my late night pub-crawling days are far behind me. But should I find myself in that situation, I'll look for a chair in the corner with my back to the wall. The days of the the Wild West may be about to return.
" Please read the new law, anyone carring a sidearm is prohibited from drinking alcohol period".

Old Zebra
If AZs law is like other state's, consuming alcohol and then carrying is against the law. You cannot carry this soon after consuming.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back