Concealed carry in city park areas

LewWagner

I know that TX CHL (now LTC) law states you can't carry a weapon at sporting events or school sponsored sporting events (like Friday night football).

But, I live near Russell Creek Park where there are many soccer fields and four baseball diamonds. In one corner of the park is a small lake with a sidewalk that goes around it. The lake sidewalk nearest to the closest youth baseball field is about 100 yards away and the field is fenced off with a tall chain link fence.

If I walk on the lake sidewalk during daylight hours and there are kids engaged in organized sports, is the lake now considered a part of the "sporting event" and therefore an LTC person cannot carry there?

Also, if I walk the area and it's early in the morning when there are no events going on, is that okay?

Finally, these are not school sponsored events, they are soccer leagues and little league sponsored events.

I was going to check with the Plano PD, but wanted to see if someone already had answers for these.

Thanks.

Lew Wagner

I would suggest talking to the local police, and dps as well as a lawyer that specialized in CHL/LTC issues.

Looks like you'll have to buy a treadmill to be safe. No more walking in the park.

j/k :lol:

I would suggest talking to the local police, and dps as well as a lawyer that specialized in CHL/LTC issues.

Asking a LEO for legal advise is subject to gaining insight to that LEOs individual interpretation of the law, but not the law as written.

Asking a LEO for legal advise is subject to gaining insight to that LEOs individual interpretation of the law, but not the law as written.

Given all of the times I've heard cops say, "I don't care what the law says!", I'd no more solicit legal advice from a cop than I'd solicit dating advice from NAMBLA.

If you want legal advice, call a lawyer.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back