Concealed Carry in Banks.

Alaska444

Bank carry is an issue that I cannot find an easy answer to especially with so many "banks" really open air market place banking institutions where it is legal to carry in the grocery store. One person that works at a check cashing place states that banks are FDIC institutions and thus are Federal buildings off limit to concealed carry. That doesn't sound right since I am sure the Feds don't pay the workers. Are there any references to actual statutes both Federal and State that give guidance on these issues?

Bank carry is an issue that I cannot find an easy answer to especially with so many "banks" really open air market place banking institutions where it is legal to carry in the grocery store. One person that works at a check cashing place states that banks are FDIC institutions and thus are Federal buildings off limit to concealed carry. That doesn't sound right since I am sure the Feds don't pay the workers. Are there any references to actual statutes both Federal and State that give guidance on these issues?

I go to the bank armed and have yet to have an issue. I do however make sure it's concealed well to reduce the potential of frightening the horses.

They are insured by the FDIC not owned or run by the FDIC. Consult local and state laws for the area in which you reside. The other option is to direct the question to the bank that you frequent. Perhaps via a website.

Peace...

Absolutely legal in Florida..
They are NOT federal buildings..
IF you don't need a gun at a bank where you might be handling large sums of money, then where do you need it??

I also carry in the bank (and any other place where I don't have to pass through a meteal detector :laugh:)..I believe like 6Shooter said, there is no federal law, but you might be limited by state or local law, depending on where you are at.

I go to the bank armed and have yet to have an issue. I do however make sure it's concealed well to reduce the potential of frightening the horses.

They are insured by the FDIC not owned or run by the FDIC. Consult local and state laws for the area in which you reside. The other option is to direct the question to the bank that you frequent. Perhaps via a website.

Peace...

Ditto: check state and local laws.

If there is nothing in the state and local laws prohibiting concealed carry in a bank, I personally would not ask the bank -- I prefer to deal with the issue IF it comes up (and assuming that your gun is concealed properly, it shouldn't even come up!).

OK in Wyoming and Colorado, as long as the specific bank has not posted a sign prohibiting weapons.:laugh:

ok in Tennessee as long as they're not posted. The only state law I've ever heard of regarding carry in banks is in Michigan that you have to open carry if you carry into a bank.

Same in SC! I carry in my bank all the time. Being FDIC insured doesn't make a bank Federal property although Hussein would like to make all banks Fed property. Unless a state has a restriction on bank carry you should be good to go. State law and proper signage are the only disqualifying factors to bank carry...

Nebraska prohibits concealed carry in "Financial Institutions." Financial institution means a bank, savings bank, building and loan association, savings and loan association, or credit union, whether chartered by the United States, the department, or a foreign state agency; any other similar organization which is covered by federal deposit insurance; or a trust company.

Retail banks located in grocery stores are fuzzy. If it's OK to carry in the store and I walk up to the "bank" counter (assuming there is no physical wall separating the "bank" from the grocery store) have I broken the law? :wacko:

Seeing as how banks no longer deal in US treasury notes but rather federal reserve notes and seeing as how the Federal Reserve has nothing to do with the Federal Government but is a independent international banking cartel then actually it is not A Federal Institution anyway.

Nebraska prohibits concealed carry in "Financial Institutions." Financial institution means a bank, savings bank, building and loan association, savings and loan association, or credit union, whether chartered by the United States, the department, or a foreign state agency; any other similar organization which is covered by federal deposit insurance; or a trust company.

Retail banks located in grocery stores are fuzzy. If it's OK to carry in the store and I walk up to the "bank" counter (assuming there is no physical wall separating the "bank" from the grocery store) have I broken the law? :wacko:

That was the situation that I wondered about this issue since there was no sign prohibiting either in the grocery store or the open walled bank attached. So far, for ID and WA I haven't been able to come across specific laws that govern this issue. Thank all of you for your replies. God bless.

That was the situation that I wondered about this issue since there was no sign prohibiting either in the grocery store or the open walled bank attached. So far, for ID and WA I haven't been able to come across specific laws that govern this issue. Thank all of you for your replies. God bless.
To the best of my knowledge, there is no prohibition in Idaho..these are the rules I have been following for the last 6 years carrying in Idaho, so I hope they are right :laugh:

You may not carry a concealed weapon in a courthouse, juvenile detention facility, adult correctional facility, prison, jail, public school or private school.

I also have a Washington non-resident permit, and I believe all the same apply, plus you can not carry in a bar or other place that serves liquor and is off-limits to persons under 21 years of age.

Here in Florida ,I go to my bank which is Chase and have no problem.... No hat , Sunglasses, .. We had some bozo rob the new bank next door to Chase on Tuesday,The Moron wore a surgical mask... nice pic in the local paper nent day of him....
Link Removed

i used to conceal carry in my bank all the time, but the last time i went in they had posted a sign no weapons of any kind. so i'll go through the drive thru unless i need to get in my safty deposit box.

O.K. in Texas.

OK in Texas UNLESS posted with the required 30.06 language. FDIC insured does not make a bank federal property. That would be like saying having flood insurance from FEMA makes your house Federal property.

Simple way to answer your question is, well for one, I worked security at a bank. My instructions by the "Head Hancho" was that if they carry, it is fine. There are no signs posted, and the NRA nipped that one in the butt pretty good. They said being that most banks are NOT Federal, you MAY carry in them, unless otherwise noted, IE signs on the doors or windows stating that you may not carry inside. Openly, or concealed, you can carry inside a bank, unless it is a Federal bank. FDIC just means that it is Federally Insured, meaning if its robbed, the Federal Government promises to cover any lost funds of ones Bank account up to 200,000 dollars.
Any other questions PM me

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back