Concealed Carry in action. video

[video]http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-elyria-robbery-txt,0,6139707.story[/video]

This is another video of CCW woman who protected herself. She did a good job too.

Glad to see that the only injured party was the BG, but this is a situation where I don't start a firefight. Sorry but that lady with a baby in her arms standing right next to the perp makes this a "shoot-only-if-shot-at" situation for me. They're tremendously lucky that the BG didn't just start blazing away. I would have done everything the shooter did up until raising the gun and pulling the trigger.

I agree with B2Tall, the GG in the 1st video actually endangered the lives of three innocent people with his heroic's. The Store Owner in the 2nd video needed a bigger caliber gun, and tried doing a double tap... I hate seeing scumbags walking after an attempted robbery! :triniti:

this is a situation where I don't start a firefight. Sorry but that lady with a baby in her arms standing right next to the perp makes this a "shoot-only-if-shot-at" situation for me.
I guess my definiton of when a gunfight is started is a bit different. When a person points a gun at me I consider the fight STARTED. Shoot only when shot at is a good way to never be able to shoot at all. I was always drilled that you don't pull a gun on someone unless you intend to shoot. I have to believe that about the bad guy too if I am to survive. The bad guy did fire two rounds and hit no one, thank God.
I know we all have different convictions on these things and thats OK. I posted these vids to get people to think about what might actually happen and what they may do different. Personally I would have done close to the same thing.

I guess my definiton of when a gunfight is started is a bit different. When a person points a gun at me I consider the fight STARTED. Shoot only when shot at is a good way to never be able to shoot at all. I was always drilled that you don't pull a gun on someone unless you intend to shoot. I have to believe that about the bad guy too if I am to survive. The bad guy did fire two rounds and hit no one, thank God.
I know we all have different convictions on these things and thats OK. I posted these vids to get people to think about what might actually happen and what they may do different. Personally I would have done close to the same thing.
I find it interesting that there were over 250 views on these vids before a post. The reason is: When most people see what happens in an honest to War Chief shoot out ... they get hit with a dose of reality right in the face.

If the lady with the baby starts backpedalling and moves out the picture then I may very well open up considering I'd have the element of surprise and there was only one BG. The problem I have is that the bystanders were well within the cone of probable bullet paths of both guns. While I may be willing to put myself at added risk by shooting at a BG in the right situation, I'm not willing to put others in a situation that they probably don't want to be in. I don't believe I'd have enough time to ask the bystanders if it was OK for me to knock them out of the frying pan and into the fire.

That was a very difficult situation and a well done job on his part. It could have easily ended up worse than it did though. That lady and her kid were very close and if he wasn't as proficient in his firearm as he was, an innocent bystander could have died or been injured. That just goes to show the importance of practice. I know personally I need more practice and time on the range because currently I would not be proficient enough to take that shot.

That was a very difficult situation and a well done job on his part. It could have easily ended up worse than it did though. That lady and her kid were very close and if he wasn't as proficient in his firearm as he was, an innocent bystander could have died or been injured. That just goes to show the importance of practice. I know personally I need more practice and time on the range because currently I would not be proficient enough to take that shot.

Well said. If you consider that LEO's miss 70% of the time in a real gunfight and this guy hits 3 out of three times you either have to attribute that to luck or training. If you look at how fast he drew his weapon and how quickly he came on target with TWO HANDS ... I have to belive this guy has had more training than just range shooting.
The point being that everyone should consider some form of combat situational training if they are going to carry. ( I am big on training)
Here is an example of what I am talking about: http://www.mattcanovi.com/

His R.E.A.L. defense course is super and you can get it on DVD if you like.

[video]http://www.wftv.com/video/18421326/index.html?taf=orlc[/video] (Interview with media
[video]http://www.wftv.com/video/18432317/index.html[/video] (video of robbery

This is a good example of what NOT to do if you have to use your firearm. Even though the man was not charged, You do NOT talk to media. In fact, its best if you don't even make a statement to the police without a lawyer.

Saw this video a few years back on another site, and one of the forum members said the GG is a weapons intructor who teaches concelaed carry classes.

Looks to me like the female clerk in the second video is lucky the BG didn't take a step back and put a few rounds through the door. Not much cover there. Good thing for here BGs are not usually very smart.

I'm not too worried about the GG in the video, I was more worried about the BG squeezing off shots as fast as he could without caring where they were going. Anyway, all's well that ends well and the world is a little bit safer now that one less thug is out there.

First vid: Close call! I agree that once a gun is pulled it is time to act. If not, you might not get the chance to shoot back. Very tough call though. Second vid: Awesome action by the owner! Good for her in CCW use!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back