Concealed Carry Holsters!

James Allen

What Is the best CC holster as far as price and performance?

I have a CrossBreedHolster, their Super Tuck model for my XD-9 and I love it, can carry it comfortably all day long. I paid about $70 with shipping! I conceal it just fine under a t-shirt, so no need for a coat or extra baggy clothes, perfect for warm months! 99% of people I ask, can't tell I even have it on me, and I have the 4" Service model!

The best I've found is Crossbreed's SuperTuck, who advertises on this forum. It looks big, but it is comfortable, your firearm stays where it is supposed to be and has several options to choose from. Although I haven't done it yet, most say for IWB carry, get a gunbelt also. Crossbreed does these, along with several other vendors.

Just my $0.02 worth!:biggrin:

The best I've found is Crossbreed's SuperTuck, who advertises on this forum. It looks big, but it is comfortable, your firearm stays where it is supposed to be and has several options to choose from. Although I haven't done it yet, most say for IWB carry, get a gunbelt also. Crossbreed does these, along with several other vendors.

Just my $0.02 worth!:biggrin:

I sold my Crossbreed and bought a Kholster half the money, thinner and more adjustable and IMHO more comfortable. Lifetime warranty also

what is the best cc holster as far as price and performance?

What kind of gun do you have????????????

Do you want a shoulder holster or belt holster?????????

Small of Back or hip??????????

Straight, FBI cant, or crossdraw????????????

Do you want to carry inside or outside the waistband???????????

Do you want leather or kydex??????

Do you live in mostly summer or winter climate???????????????

I agree with rockwerks. I have a kholster for each of my guns and I wear it all day long and don't even know its there. I paid $45 for the first one and got the second one on sale for $35. One of the screws came out that holds the clip to the holster and I lost it. I sent them an email asking about replacement costs and the just said it was covered under warranty and shipped me an entire clip set. I got it in 3 days.

I just purchase a Cross Breed Super Tuck Deluxe and I am amazed at how comfortable it is. I carry a Glock 21 which is a large gun and it is so comfortable.

I just purchase a Cross Breed Super Tuck Deluxe and I am amazed at how comfortable it is. I carry a Glock 21 which is a large gun and it is so comfortable.
Now imagine a holster that is 2 times as comfortable as that and you have the Kholster!:biggrin:

Whichever one fits you, your lifestyle,your situation, your day to day mode of dress and your budget. No matter what, you will end up with a dresser drawer full of holsters, just like the rest of us!

Have a great Memorial Day! Remember to thank a Vet! Thanks to all of you Vets who make this all possible!!!

Semper Fi!

I'd say the BEST one is the one that you find comfortable and hides the gun. I like Crossbreed and a few others, but my favorite is the Milt Sparks Versa-Max II. It's very comfortable and conceals well. But very pricey right now. The wait is long (about 6 months) to get one if you order from Milt Sparks, otherwise you can buy one on Ebay from about $150-$200. I have 4 of these holsters for My 3" and 5" Kimber CDP 1911's and my Glock 19 and 17. They're probably the best CCW holster I've ever used.

As stated by others - it all depends on what, where and how often you carry.

My personal like is the IWB KHolster. I have carried a Glock 19 in one since December. Very comfortable and less expensive. Our sportsmans group held a KHolster party and I purchased 4 additional holsters for $30.00 each. This way I can carry my KelTec PF9 while mowing grass, or my M&P 40C, Smith J-Frame or Ruger LCP depending on the conditions.

I also have custom leather holsters that are OWB and IWB that work very well.

If you have the opportunity, check with people you know who carry and see if they will let you try on some of their holsters.

I am looking for a Kydex, Paddle Holster for a SAA 45 w/a 3-1/2" Barrel. It has been an impossible hunt. Anyone have any Ideas or know someone who makes Holsters, as I would definently jump at a Paddle Holster made of leather (if it was for the above mentioned Revolver. I also got a"Cross Breed Super Tuck Deluxe"; Definently not made for those of us who have a few EXTRA pounds around the waist. I might try it again (after I get to the store and get a bigger belt).

Cost is relative to each person. Some people will buy 5 or 6 holsters between $20 and $50 before they find one that they really like. I bought a Blackhawk SERPA while waiting for my CrossBreed. The CrossBreed is far superior in quality and concealment. The Blackhawk now serves it's intended purpose as a range/hunting holster.

The CB was $80 after shipping, but better than having 5 $20 holsters that I don't use.

I don't see the Milt Sparks line of holsters mentioned much here but if you want one of the really best holsters around albiet a bit pricy, it is hard to beat a Milt Sparks holster. I have the IWB for my PM9 and it is the only one I like better than the super-tuck (except it is not tuckable).

I think the answer to your question would be whatever is comfortable to you and eases your mind when you step out of the house. It also depends on where you are going, but not much. If I knew I was going to the bad side of town, I would tend to carry something a little more approriate. But bad things can happen anywhere these days. We should always carry the best possible service handgun for protection. But that is not always possible. I prefer to carry a full size 1911 and at least two spare mags. But somedays where I live, the temp reaches the high 90's and the humidity is enough to take your breath away. Shorts and a t-shirt or polo shirt is common place. Sometimes you have to go smaller. I routinely have a S&W Airlite Ti snubby in a Kramer pocket holster. If I can wear an untucked shirt I carry a Glock 26 in a Pocket holster, with the shirt covering the bulge in the pocket, or a waistband holster under the shirt in the appendix position just foward of the hip.

I still carry a full size gun when ever possible or dressed with enough clothing to cover it. But sometimes adjustments have to be made from time to time. The smallest gun that I have carried in recent memory was a Walter PPK. I have a Ruger LCP and a Kel-Tec P3AT, but it's very hard for me to shoot them with my large hands. Even though it's so light, it's like carrying my car keys, I just can't shoot them well enough to carry for defense. So I opt up. I do own a little Beretta 950 in 25 ACP, but it never gets carried except for back-up or hide out gun, in addition to my main carry.

Some people feel under gunned or out gunned when they carry a J Frame snubby, but I practice with mine regularly and feel confident with it. You'd be surprised at the people who have fought their way through a gunfight with a 38 snubby, while the other guy had a hi-cap pistol or rifle. No, it's not the ultimate gun, but it depends on the person standing behind that gun, his tactics and skill.

I agree with rockwerks. I have a kholster for each of my guns and I wear it all day long and don't even know its there. I paid $45 for the first one and got the second one on sale for $35. One of the screws came out that holds the clip to the holster and I lost it. I sent them an email asking about replacement costs and the just said it was covered under warranty and shipped me an entire clip set. I got it in 3 days.

You guys talked me into one , I ordered it today . Big Thanks :pleasantry:

Though I don't have it yet I bought and am waiting on the "Slim" by Applegate Holster Works. It's a little easier on the pocket and will hopefully work out well. It carries a warranty so if I decide I do not like it I'm just going to sell it off.

O yah bought it for my G19. What are you wanting yours for? Best of luck in your search. It can be a headache with the dizzying amount of choices available.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back