Concealed Carry Holsters!

I just purchase a Cross Breed Super Tuck Deluxe and I am amazed at how comfortable it is. I carry a Glock 21 which is a large gun and it is so comfortable.

Same holster here and I carry a Desert Eagle .40 standard frame, very comfortable..and those days when I go lighter I carry a Glock 27 in a Blackhawk Serpa 2...

C7 :biggrin:

The Kholster looks like a SuperTuck before being trimmed out. What makes the Kholster more comfortable? I will agree that the price is nice, though.

I have an XD-40 4" which I carry with either a SuperTuck or a Qwik Clip (both Crossbreed), or a Galco Miami Classic when I'm dressed up.

The Kholster looks like a SuperTuck before being trimmed out. What makes the Kholster more comfortable? I will agree that the price is nice, though.

I have an XD-40 4" which I carry with either a SuperTuck or a Qwik Clip (both Crossbreed), or a Galco Miami Classic when I'm dressed up.

Link Removed

IMG_3322.JPG

Basically they are the same except for the the super tuck trim out allows the grip to come in contact with your skin and rub if even an undershirt is worn or you wear without a T shirt underneath. The Super Tuck is not nearly as adjustable as the Kholster about 50% less. The Kholster also uses a different waistband clip that is shimmed out 1/8" with leather washers that allows for a much easier ability to tuck in your shirt. I wear my Kholsters all the time next to bear skin. You cant do that with the Supertuck because of the cut out design. And of course half the price is not a bad thing either.

Kholster question - revolver hammer

It looks like the Kholster holster for a revolver does not cover the hammer. Does this present any potential problems, like snagging?

I'm trying to decide on a holster now, and need more info.

Thanks.

It looks like the Kholster holster for a revolver does not cover the hammer. Does this present any potential problems, like snagging?

I'm trying to decide on a holster now, and need more info.

Thanks.
Since I don't have a revolver, this is just speculation...

I would think that it wouldn't allow snagging any more than any other holster. Do other revolver holsters cover the hammer? I think you would be able to adjust the holster to a postiton where the hammer sits even with the beltline. This would keep it from getting caught on stuff throughout the day. Your waistband will naturally be pulled away from the hammer due to the width of the gun itself. So when you draw, the hammer shouldn't get hung up then either.

I sold my Crossbreed and bought a Kholster half the money, thinner and more adjustable and IMHO more comfortable. Lifetime warranty also
This doesn't happen very often, but I agree with you here. I was a little skeptical when I read that you forget it's there, and that it's even comfortable on bare skin. I've had mine for a little over a week and must admit that BOTH are true.

The only thing I might do is try to heat it up and shape it a little tighter on the gun. As noted on the website, if I mess it up, they'll fix it for free.

This doesn't happen very often, but I agree with you here. I was a little skeptical when I read that you forget it's there, and that it's even comfortable on bare skin. I've had mine for a little over a week and must admit that BOTH are true.

The only thing I might do is try to heat it up and shape it a little tighter on the gun. As noted on the website, if I mess it up, they'll fix it for free.

mine on the Taurus's actually clicks in well and wont fall out even if I tip it upside down and shake it

Basically they are the same except for the the super tuck trim out allows the grip to come in contact with your skin and rub if even an undershirt is worn or you wear without a T shirt underneath.

This is true, but doesn't seem to bother me with a Glock 23 with or without a shirt underneath.

The Super Tuck is not nearly as adjustable as the Kholster about 50% less.

While the Kholster does have more holes, how many of those really come into play?

The Kholster also uses a different waistband clip that is shimmed out 1/8" with leather washers that allows for a much easier ability to tuck in your shirt.

As does the Supertuck. However the washers on the Supertuck are the width of the clip and virtually invisible from the front.

I wear my Kholsters all the time next to bear skin. You cant do that with the Supertuck because of the cut out design. And of course half the price is not a bad thing either.

I do, and it's been fine thus far with my Glock 23. Retention is good, and it is quite a comfortable holster. Also, the price is very competitive within the market and the warranty and service are top notch.

Granted, the Kholster looks like a nice product too, but that doesn't make the Supertuck any less of a viable option.

mine on the Taurus's actually clicks in well and wont fall out even if I tip it upside down and shake it
Mine is just a bit to loose to do that. Granted, I don't really plan on doing many handstands with my gun on my hip, but I would just feel a little better knowing that I could if I wanted to.

While the Kholster does have more holes, how many of those really come into play?
2, the 2 that you decide to use. But I could see a possible use for all the possible angles and ride heights available on the Kholster.

I won't knock a Supertuck, 'cause I've never owned one. But the full cover, adjustability, and price definately swayed me toward the Kholster. And so far, I'm not disappointed.

Granted, the Kholster looks like a nice product too, but that doesn't make the Supertuck any less of a viable option.

Actually it did with me, the lack of protection for the grip against my skin was its downfall. I carry mostly with just a single t shirt on and the supertuck in that situation was not nearly as comfortable

Interesting. I too have been in t-shirt mode lately, but it hasn't bothered me since I got the Supertuck. (Even with the rough grips on my G23.)

Good thing there's plenty of options out there though, so that everyone can find what fits them well. :crazy_pilot:

Interesting. I too have been in t-shirt mode lately, but it hasn't bothered me since I got the Supertuck. (Even with the rough grips on my G23.)

Good thing there's plenty of options out there though, so that everyone can find what fits them well. :crazy_pilot:

Im betting you are a thinner guy. LOL

I'm looking at a Comp-tac M but the sweatband on them are Kydex. Does anyone have a holster that has a Kydex sweatband on it? Does it rub you raw? I'm thinking that it will rub you raw as it's had plastic and does not give like leather does. Can anyone tell me?

I'm am looking at them and The Kydex doesn't touch you. The leather backing molds to your body . looks like a nice one.

Im betting you are a thinner guy. LOL

Well, that's good for my self-esteem. Now only if it were true! :laugh:

6'1", 235-ish (guess, as I have this "phobia" of scales... lol)

Not real big, but not near ideal either. How I miss "the days" when I had jeans in a 32" waist. *sigh*

I have a CrossBreedHolster, their Super Tuck model for my XD-9 and I love it, can carry it comfortably all day long. I paid about $70 with shipping! I conceal it just fine under a t-shirt, so no need for a coat or extra baggy clothes, perfect for warm months! 99% of people I ask, can't tell I even have it on me, and I have the 4" Service model!

Okay, your post should earn you something for free from CrossBreed -- I've been on the fence about the supertuck for my XD9, but after reading this post...I'm off to order one. Thanks for the clarity of your endorsement--> I just about picked up a new gun at lunch because I've had a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to carry my XD. I'll hold off until I give the supertuck a try.

ETA: Okay, done. Ordered up the supertuck for my XD9 (also have the 4" service model) on this posters recommendation-- I'm looking forward to being in a position to take the XD with me a little more often (I'm disappointed with the holster it comes with...not good for much other than OC imho).

Last edited:
Okay, your post should earn you something for free from CrossBreed -- I've been on the fence about the supertuck for my XD9, but after reading this post...I'm off to order one. Thanks for the clarity of your endorsement--> I just about picked up a new gun at lunch because I've had a lot of trouble trying to figure out how to carry my XD. I'll hold off until I give the supertuck a try.

ETA: Okay, done. Ordered up the supertuck for my XD9 (also have the 4" service model) on this posters recommendation-- I'm looking forward to being in a position to take the XD with me a little more often (I'm disappointed with the holster it comes with...not good for much other than OC imho).

Lol, Glad you took the plunge, let me know how you like it once you wear it for a week or so, let it udjust to your hip. I carry mine on the right side and probably more around the 4 o'clock area instead of the 3 o'clock as that seems to be the best fit for me. You can play around and see where it works best for you.

I wore the one it came with maybe 2 times before I bought one of those Uncle Mike's Law Enforcement Paddle Holster's, which workes fine when I feel like open carrying, but no way to conceal it unless you have a big winter coat, so after some reviews I got the SuperTuck and now everytime I leave the house, I just snap the holster on, grab the gun and I'm off. I have a buddy of mine that has a concealed carry license and anytime we go somewhere together, fishing or out to the fields to shoot our rifles, he almost never brings his Glock. When he is out by himself, he also does not carry 99% of the time. One time I asked him what the deal is, and he told me since I alway have mine on me, he doesn't have the need for his. Which is dumb, I know! He also does not have a holster that will conceal his gun (only open carry holster), too cheap to get a good one and no point on wasting money on cheap stuff.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back