Concealed Carry a Rifle

In the state of South Carolina you would be breaking no law. Open carry of a long gun, or concealed carry if you could figure out how to do it, is entirely legal. Those of us who live in far less populated areas do it all the time with no problem. That being said, in less rural/more populated areas you could probably expect at a minimum to be harassed by your uneducated local LEO and at worst be caged on some trumped up charge. I understand that "going to the terror of the public" is/was popular. I suppose they may be "in fear for their life" and shoot you as well giving them reason to shoot you.

Now, before any of the local know-it-alls tell me I'm wrong, I'm willing to engage in intelligent conversation. But any responses had better start with a citation of whatever SC laws make it illegal to do so. Carry on.

More likely you would be written up for hunting from a vehicle on a highway if it was loaded. I know a guy that went afoul with a lousy 22LR plinker in his back floorboard. I mean, really, who hunts with a 22? Legality is all in the eyes of the arrestee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my Marine staff sergeants was a Calif CHP and he explained that anything which a peace officer does not like about what you did, he can write you up for. And the judge is most likely to agree with HIM not YOU.

One of my Marine staff sergeants was a Calif CHP and he explained that anything which a peace officer does not like about what you did, he can write you up for. And the judge is most likely to agree with HIM not YOU.

Ummmm........he can only write you up for actual violations...

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back