concealed carry 45

My new carry gun for a few weeks now is a Kahr PM45. I have several 45's but none are light enough for me to carry on a regular basis but the PM45 carries and feels like my PM9. Now all I need is a PM40 for the trifecta.:biggrin:

My new carry gun for a few weeks now is a Kahr PM45. I have several 45's but none are light enough for me to carry on a regular basis but the PM45 carries and feels like my PM9. Now all I need is a PM40 for the trifecta.:biggrin:
Have you tried an XD.45 compact? Really light weight easy to conceal great shooter 100% rock solid reliable. The only compact .45 that I have ever seen that is fun to shoot.

I have an XD 45 standard and looked at a few XD compacts but I still like the PM series. I also have a Auto Ord P-10, a Colt 1911 Officer model, several LLama 1911 compacts and a Firestorm Compact 1911.

My piece of the 'Rock

I know I saw at least one mention of the Rock Island Armory pistol. This is my CS (compact) model:
Link Removed

These guns are rock solid (pun intended :laugh:), accurate and reliable. This one cost me under 400.00 in January. 3.5" barrel, 7-rnd magazine, Parkerized finish. I have used FMJ, JHP, etc with zero errors. I just got a full sized tactical model in a 2-tone finish. I carry either in a Galco paddle holster or in a tuckable IWB (the full size is a bit long for sitting around in a IWB, but it's do-able. Well worth looking into.

Personal preference.

I carry the Taurus 24/7 Pro compact and love it. it came with the 10 and 12 rd clips and no jams yet after a few hundred rounds. For $359 at the gun show at Atlanta Motor Speedway it way beat ot the glocks, s&w 's for me.

A lot of very nice pistols have been mentioned.
My preference is Smith & Wesson M&P .45c because I like 45's. it is small enough for CCW but not too small. It's capacity is 8+1, and it costs around $500-$550.

Back when a local gun shop was going out of business, I went a little crazy and picked up both a Colt Officer's Model and a Lightweight Commander in .45. Anybody had any experience using either one of them as a carry piece?

I carried the Colt Lightweight Commander for years a long time ago. The recoil was a bit more than the full sized all steel 1911. It was light enough for all day carry and narrow enough to keep concealed. I still have it but it has been retired in favor for newer technology.

I LOVE MY XD45 TACTIAL GREAT GUN ALSO HAVE A TAURUS PT140 PRO REAL EASY TO CONCEAL WAITING ON HIGH RIDE GALCO HOLSTER FOR XD:pleasantry:

I enjoy carring the taurus p145 mellinium pro 45cal its a perfect size and weight i think plus still get the 10 + 1 with my hume ITW holster at times i forget its there!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back