Conceal Carry

gunslinger647

Looking to buy either a Ruger LC9 or a Walther PK 380. Any suggestions?

Save up for a Glock. The LC9 is junk. I've handled a couple, and they are too stiff, shoddily machined, and functionally inadequate. Im a Ruger fan too, but this one hit well below the mark. G27 is your answer.

1911 45ACP. If you are going to carry then carry something that will do the job. The little guys are cute and there is an excellent chance you could carry one for fifty years and never need it but if Heaven forbid you ever do then you want something that will do the job.

Any caliber will do the job if you do your job. How well can you manage a 9mm? How about the 380? Choose the most firepower you can handle. Firepower is the combination of caliber and capacity, find the maximum you can handle. My opinion on the Walther, the pk is large for a 380. If you can handle a larger caliber in the same size, I would go that route.

I would choose the Ruger based on caliber alone. That being said, I must respectfully disagree with the opinion that the LC9 is "junk." Mine is certainly not junk and I carry it daily. Yes, it requires some time at the range to become comfortable and compentent with it, but would you not make that effort with any weapon?

The pro-Glock faction is correct that it is eminently dependable, but my personal opinion is that thickness is a key issue in concealed carry. The thickness of the Glocks requires additional thought, effort, and wardrobe choice to conceal. Balancing that issue with the multiple advantages of the Glock can only be answered by you.

Ultimately, it's all personal opinion and choice. The most important thing is that you have chosen to carry!

Bro. Dave

I think weight has more to do with concealment than thickness. My lightweight M&P9c is thick like a glock, but conceals better than my 1911

Some people will always think you must carry something that will flip a car. If you miss, don't matter if you are shooting a cannon, does no good.

Personally, I prefer the Colt New Agent/Defender or Glock 36. Of the 2 you mentioned, I'd take the Ruger, I carry one occasionaly carry one as a BUG.

+1 for LC9.750 assorted,mostly cheap rounds without a hiccup.9mm ammo is also alot cheaper and more sufficient IMO.Having said that I carry a Glock 26 gen 4 everyday.LC9 is my funeral,wedding and social events piece.

aluminator:229408 said:
+1 for LC9.750 assorted,mostly cheap rounds without a hiccup.9mm ammo is also alot cheaper and more sufficient IMO.Having said that I carry a Glock 26 gen 4 everyday.LC9 is my funeral,wedding and social events piece.
I like that. So, when you dress up its an Ruger LC9 time. Because its light weight and conceals well:)

Of the two definitely the lc9. If you can afford to carry a little more the glock 26/27 like the others mentioned or the Ruger sr9c which is what I ended up with.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back