Conceal carry while voting, is it legal in NC?

coachdb18

In view of the last elections atrocity in Philadelphia of voters there having to confront Black Panthers armed with night sticks, and now the newly issued threat by Teamsters mob boss Jimmy Hoffa to "take out" those of us affiliated with the Tea Party, I have a basic question... is it legal in North Carolina to take your gun to the polls.. assuming your polling place is not a public school? And if it's legal, can we get some of the polling places switched from public school buildings so conceal carry is legal when you do go, so as not to get tripped up on this SNAFU? This election is going to be one for the books!

I just posted elsewhere here in regard to the difference, if the situation ever presented, between being killed and being prosecuted for using a gun to defend your life even in a "gun free" zone. ...Pick one.

I'm thinking that if the situation/area deems to be a threat by THUGS hanging about. A call to yout local LEO and a call to the local media would assist in clearing you fear at the polls. As for CC at a polling place, NOT going to hang a felony on my butt.

Looking thru the Link Removed...polling places are NOT specifically prohibited...but as you said if it is in a school, then it is prohibited.

Looking thru the Link Removed...polling places are NOT specifically prohibited...but as you said if it is in a school, then it is prohibited.

I know this is an old thread but since I voted in the Primary today it was something of a concern to me. I left my gun locked in my vehicle and opted to verify afterwards. My voting site is at a local Fire Dept. Would this qualify as a "no CC" area since it is part of a municipality? I prepared by reading up on the 2A standings (thanks GRNC) but totally overlooked the carry aspect. The laws are not very clear to me so any help is appreciated :)

Is it a volunteer firehouse? If so, it's probably actually private property owned by the Fire Dept...so you could carry until they tell you you can't.

Voted at a Fire Station i.e. Gov't building. NC Laws states you cannot in any Gov't Bldg. Although not in those words. I didn't CC while voting but the car was close by.

How come there a laws to prevent law abiding citizens from CC and there are not any laws to protect law abiding citizens from these THUGS that were blocking the polls in Philly??

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back