Conceal Carry - Towns or counties in Wisconsin having local ordinances against carry?

lostinataxi

Does anyone know of any local ordinances in Wisconsin that prohibit conceal carry, or counties that prohibit it? I remember when I took my CCWP class in MN being told that Wisconsin may have local ordinances that prohibit Conceal/carry. I can't find anything that addresses this issue though. I sometimes travel to Wisconsin so I'd like to be aware of where to stay away from if in fact this does exist.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/wisconsin.pdf

This should help to get you started. Them call your state's Attorney General.

You are good to go in WIsconsin with a MN. permit. We however cant carry in MN with a WI permit since our requirements are less to get a permit. As fas as i know you can CC or OC with a MN permit,you cannot however OC in WI with out a permit like the people of wisconsin can. JMO

You are good to go in WIsconsin with a MN. permit. We however cant carry in MN with a WI permit since our requirements are less to get a permit. As fas as i know you can CC or OC with a MN permit,you cannot however OC in WI with out a permit like the people of wisconsin can. JMO
This advice is partially incorrect. There is no general prohibition against non-resident open carry in Wisconsin, whether you have an accepted out of state conceal-carry license or not. You are subject to the same restrictions as anyone. Wisconsin State law trumps local ordinances with respect to carrying or transporting a firearm.

As for the local ordinances, Wisconsin has a preemption statute that prevents municipalities from passing anything stricter than state law. However, it seems to have been passed in November 1995, as anything enacted before that is exempted.

Link Removed

I would not open carry in Milwaukee or surrounding area. You WILL be put face down on the ground, have your weapon taken (until they can confirm your not a felon, a process that for some reason takes a week), and you'll have to move heaven and earth to get it back.

Pretty much draw a line from Madison east to the lake, and south to the Illinois state line and that is where open carry would be at least frowned upon.

I would not open carry in Milwaukee or surrounding area.

Pretty much draw a line from Madison east to the lake, and south to the Illinois state line and that is where open carry would be at least frowned upon.

Which is why I try to avoid travel south of FDL...

Sent from my phone (which explains all the typos), using the USACARRY app.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back