Conceal Carry Or Open Carry

Pauly

i've had my conceal carry for sometime now. Although it provides a great comfort, like most people, I have never had to use it. That being said i am curious to the views on the benefits of conceal carry verses open carry. Does anyone have any thoughts regarding this?

Go read the posts in the open carry forums...... then, when you are done there, go to the concealed carry forums.......

I open carry on my own property - several acres w/several more in fields & woodland. I conceal carry every where else. I live in Alabama where Open Carry is "allowed", but choose to conceal carry for my own protection & that of my family.

Personally I prefer concealed carry. Though PA is an open carry state I find concealed eliminates SO many issues. First off, why announce to the world (and the criminals) that there is a gun available? Second, it keeps the big-mouthed anti-gunners from making a big scene when they see it. Third, some people get nervous, for no real reason other than they don't know or understand the law) and might call the police. If they do then the officers is obligated to make contact, check things out, etc. This causes you delay, etc. And lastly, like Indy said, maintain the element of surprise for yourself.

Why is it that all these people parrot things that they have no clue about? Stating things as "fact" that arent?

i've had my conceal carry for sometime now. Although it provides a great comfort, like most people, I have never had to use it. That being said i am curious to the views on the benefits of conceal carry verses open carry. Does anyone have any thoughts regarding this?

We need a face palm emoticon. :sarcastic:

We need a face palm emoticon. :sarcastic:

986khk.gif
skleroz.gif
Facepalm-smiley-animated.gif
facepalm-1.gif
Face_Palm_by_Mirz123.gif

Take your pick.

And then for times when a simple facepalm just isn't enough.....

facepalm-sml.png

dont base your decision on "i am told this is the way i feel".somebody else's experience will not be your experience nor comfort level.that is why there are many different opinions.pick the way that gives you the warmest fuzzyest feeling so that you carry with confidence.

I was stating my opinion, just as everyone else has
Why is it people are so negative and make posts that don't add any value to the conversation, and are just plain negative, or rude?

Please, explain what this "element of surprise" is.......

You pull your weapon ... surprise, vs bad guys know you have one before starting their criminal act

Or.....You're open carrying, surprise, bad guys see you are capable of defending yourself and find another, weaker, softer target before starting their criminal act on you. You go home, kick back in your easy chair, flip on the TV and see the local news story about a concealed carrier who was attacked, had his head split open before drawing his weapon and surprising his attacker with a hot lead injection.

At least the potential for deterrent is there while open carrying. No such claim can logically be made for CC'ers. Your "element of surprise" only kicks in after you're in danger or in the process of being attacked. Wouldn't you prefer to deter the attack before it starts?

I was stating my opinion, just as everyone else has
Why is it people are so negative and make posts that don't add any value to the conversation, and are just plain negative, or rude?

If this is still in reply to Axeanda45's question...umm....really? Asking you to "please" explain what you mean is "just plain negative, or rude?" That's as mildly inquisitive as I've ever seen Axe. This topic comes up here sometimes multiple times a week. It rarely lies dormant for more than a couple of weeks. There are highly-experienced OC'ers who have repeated their same rationale for it calmly and politely for years here, while some get a little impatient with the seeming inability of newcomers to do a simple search and see if there's any active OC vs CC threads already going on before they post yet another one.

Bottom line: Your opinion is worthy of consideration. Your rationale however, that "element of surprise" thing, has been debunked six ways to Sunday. If anyone seems a bit impatient with it, that's why. But still, asking to "please" explain yourself seems a rather odd thing to get offended over.

Blues

I open carry for the tactical advantage.

While that is the reason I open carry as well, I also get the added bonus of the many positive comments I regularly receive regarding my gun.

Please, explain what this "element of surprise" is.......

The "element of surprise" is a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon the criminal population that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Link Removed

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back