Conceal Carry Or Open Carry

I have to agree with Kwimby to a point, it seems that attacks on carriers of any type are pretty rare in general so I have to wonder if there’s just not enough data to prove it either way.

You can’t prove a negative, you can’t prove that because you weren’t attacked today that the fact that you were open carrying was the reason why. I am positive I saw at least one thread on THR in which a guy was targeted specifically for his gun so I know it has to happen at least some time. I just don’t know that it happens often enough to make open carry not worthwhile.

Nor does it matter if open carry has any deterrent or not, since neither can be proven or even marginally supported by any available facts.

I simply wished you thoroughly trapped into your fallacy of reasoning:

Unnatural Acts that can improve your thinking: begging the question
Thanks for taking it hook, line and sinker!

in conclusion:

Which neither you nor I ever did or ever could.

Based on the fallacy of reasoning proposed by YOU: Begging the question.
Nice try at further evading and avoiding providing cites and or links to YOUR claim...
Originally Posted by kwimby View Post
Or consider that there has been so much concealed carry done by so many people for so many decades with "being shot first" or having their "gun taken away" incidents being so extremely rare the rarity of those incidents itself, even rarer than open carry, -snip-
and actually... it is you who has fallen for a fallacy of reasoning thinking that I'm questioning the deterrent value of concealed carry when I have been questioning YOUR statement:
Or consider that there has been so much concealed carry done by so many people for so many decades with "being shot first" or having their "gun taken away" incidents being so extremely rare the rarity of those incidents itself, even rarer than open carry, -snip-

So... can you prove that incidents of concealed carriers having been "shot first" or having had their "guns taken away" is ... as you said... even rarer than open carry, ?

One more time... I haven't been questioning whether concealed carry has, or hasn't, any deterrent value. I have been, and still am, questioning the veracity of YOUR statement:

Now... would you like to show everyone the data you have with cites and/or links that proves that incidents of concealed carriers who are "shot first" or have their guns "taken away" are "even rarer than open carry"? Or will you continue to go off on a tangent thinking you showed me some kind of "gotcha" that doesn't even have anything to do with what I have been talking about?

Let me suggest that you wipe the Cheeto's dust off your fingers and go back and reread what I have been posting... perhaps you will realize the only thing I have been questioning is YOUR statement that:

Not to mention that it doesn't matter if concealed carry has any deterrent value or not... that still does NOT detract from, nor does it cast any doubt upon, my statement:
Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
Please consider that there has been so much open carry done by so many people for so many decades with "being shot first" or having their "gun taken away" incidents being so extremely rare the rarity of those incidents itself would point to the deterrent factor of open carry... actually deterring.

Now Bikenut's just exhibiting cognitive dissonance. :rolleyes:
More avoidance and evasion. I expected nothing less. Let me know when you can prove your statement:
Be very aware I will not hold my breath.

Now... tell me Mr. Oh so intellectual.

How does your statement:

make my statement:
Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
Please consider that there has been so much open carry done by so many people for so many decades with "being shot first" or having their "gun taken away" incidents being so extremely rare the rarity of those incidents itself would point to the deterrent factor of open carry... actually deterring.
any less valid?

Shall we cut to the chase? How is your saying that concealed carry has a deterrent value because there are a lack of incidents where the concealed carrier is "shot first" or is targeted to have their "gun taken" make my statement that the lack of incidents where open carriers haven't been "shot first" or targeted to have their "gun taken" shows that open carry has a deterrent value.... false?

Why am I even bothering to engage in this silliness with a person who is just playing the same old game of avoiding, evading, insulting, and ridiculing... hoping no one will notice they STILL haven't given any cites and/or links to prove their claim:

Got cites and/or links to prove your claim? Or do you want to continue trying to evade and avoid? Thing is... everyone reading this conversation understands that it is you who is suffering from "cognitive dissonance" since you still think the conversation is about some kind of comparison between any deterrent value of either concealed carry or open carry... when the conversation is only about whether you can prove this statement of yours about the rarity of incidents is valid:
Got cites and/or links to prove that part about even rarer than open carry,? Or just more avoidance, evasion, insults, and ridicule?

I have to agree with Kwimby to a point, it seems that attacks on carriers of any type are pretty rare in general so I have to wonder if there’s just not enough data to prove it either way..

I beg to differ. There are published statistics of between thousands and millions of firearms used for defense every year. Each one of those incidents must have been a criminal attack, no?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using USA Carry mobile app

i've had my conceal carry for sometime now. Although it provides a great comfort, like most people, I have never had to use it. That being said i am curious to the views on the benefits of conceal carry verses open carry. Does anyone have any thoughts regarding this?

I am curious as to whether Texas will allow us teachers to carry here in the near future.

Between thousands and millions? Really? So like somewhere around umpteen gazilion or so? :sarcastic:

Is umpteen gazilion between thousands and millions? Do you need to go back to kindergarten math and relearn your numbers?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

There are published statistics of between thousands and millions of firearms used for defense every year.

If you have a projected range from thousands to millions something is wrong with your database. Also not all of those attacks are against "carriers" of any kind anecdotally if you read through the armed citizen section of The American Rifleman almost every single reported story occurs in the home or in a business and notes that the citizen had to retrieve their firearm indicating they weren't carrying it on their person

Is umpteen gazilion between thousands and millions? Do you need to go back to kindergarten math and relearn your numbers?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
No, I just have a hard time stomaching people who talk nothing but shyt with nothing to back it up.

Whats the first rule? Bring a gun. So how do I carry? Both open and concealed. I have had people complement me and question me but I haven't been thumped in the back of the head yet. . . . maybe one of these years.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back