Conceal Carry Options for Bigger Girls :)

frog77

As we all know, it is harder for women to find comfortable conceal carry options. This becomes even more difficult if you are a bigger girl. I am 5'4" and about 200 lbs:sad: any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Yes, of course lose weight. I am doing this, slowly. Still need to carry in the meantime. Thanks!

I am 5'6" at 265# I use a unique rig called 3 Speed Holster Though it is considered a DEEP CONCEAL. I wear mine at 2:30 (AIWB) and above the beltline. I have worn it in deep conceal from time to time and shifted it to 12:00 (Did that at dinner tonight at a restaurant with family and friends. Just felt my firearm was printing a little too much.) 3Speed Holster review I find this works great for me. I also know there are websites for woman and firearms. i hope this helps out.
Link RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

Check the Well Armed Woman for holsters actually made for women! I use a belly band and wear at either 11 or 1 o'clock positions, depending on outfits. I'm 5'1" and around 160. With winter coming it will become much easier to conceal and I'll probably also add an IWB, which will ride a bit higher, and I wear it just in front of my hip bone. Where ever you prefer, you might have to adjust the cant or shift it a little at a time until you find the sweet spot that's comfy and concealed, as well as usable. Doesn't do any good if it's concealed and you can't get to it. The WAW has a lot of ideas, as well as videos to look at.

Check the Well Armed Woman for holsters actually made for women! I use a belly band and wear at either 11 or 1 o'clock positions, depending on outfits. I'm 5'1" and around 160. With winter coming it will become much easier to conceal and I'll probably also add an IWB, which will ride a bit higher, and I wear it just in front of my hip bone. Where ever you prefer, you might have to adjust the cant or shift it a little at a time until you find the sweet spot that's comfy and concealed, as well as usable. Doesn't do any good if it's concealed and you can't get to it. The WAW has a lot of ideas, as well as videos to look at.

The Well Armed Woman has a lot of holsters made primarily for women. I've also got the 4" Belly Band and the Betty IWB holster from there. Depending on the size of your gun, a pocket holster might also be an option. That's what I use 90% of the time for my LCP.

Holsters

Frog I can't give you much gender specific advice, but I can say that the less skinny I was the easier it was to conceal since my clothes were loose and hung freely. If you decide to go with a holster that goes on a belt it is more comfortable to have one that has a belt clip on either side of the holster instead of one that only has one clip.

@MsPnVA. I love The Well Armed Woman! I have purchased the belly band and the magnetic one that can be worn IWB or OWB. I guess I just need a lot more practice wearing them.

@ Peggy I have a baby glock. I don't think a pocket holster would work very well. The Well Armed Woman is great!

My wife uses a flash bang holster that goes on her bra. She loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Link Removed

@ Peggy I have a baby glock. I don't think a pocket holster would work very well. The Well Armed Woman is great!

Don't be too sure. Of course it depends on the size of your pockets, but mine are fairly small and I don't wear it out of sight. Actually most of the grips stick out the top. Makes it easy to get hold of, but it's tight enough I never worry about it falling out.
And how do you like the magnetic holster? I've thought about it too.

Don't be too sure. Of course it depends on the size of your pockets, but mine are fairly small and I don't wear it out of sight. Actually most of the grips stick out the top. Makes it easy to get hold of, but it's tight enough I never worry about it falling out.
And how do you like the magnetic holster? I've thought about it too.

I am still testing out the magnetic holster. I don't like to wear a belt. So, I hope this one works out. I have lost a lost a lot of weight since last winter so, most of my pants are extremely loose. So, any holster would drag them down. It says you should be able to wear lighter material pants/shorts with this holster. I hope this is true. Most of my pants do not have belt loops. Then I will just have to use the belly band.

The magnet is extremely strong! I have to use both hands to get it apart. I have no doubt that it will stay secure. I have not molded it my gun yet. I think that will be a must. I am new to all of this so I will keep learning.

I am 5'6" at 265# I use a unique rig called 3 Speed Holster Though it is considered a DEEP CONCEAL. I wear mine at 2:30 (AIWB) and above the beltline. I have worn it in deep conceal from time to time and shifted it to 12:00 (Did that at dinner tonight at a restaurant with family and friends. Just felt my firearm was printing a little too much.) 3Speed Holster review I find this works great for me. I also know there are websites for woman and firearms. i hope this helps out.
Link Removed

SR9C? My wife has one and loves it... :)

I carried similarly with a SmartCarry holster for a while. Pretty flexible, although I ended up switching to an AIWB kydex holster when I was able.

It looks like you have received a lot of good advice and suggestions from the previous commenters. The only thing I would add is that whatever you decide to do, make sure you can get your pistol out quickly and cleanly. When bad things happen, they usually happen very fast, and some of those undergarment rigs look to me like they are designed more for deep concealment rather than rapid deployment in a high-stress situation.

When bad things happen, they usually happen very fast, and some of those undergarment rigs look to me like they are designed more for deep concealment rather than rapid deployment in a high-stress situation.

Desire for faster access and deployment is what led me to switch from the SmartCarry to a Kydex holster - that and wanting more consistency of placement and better retention. ..

d(-.-)b

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back