Conceal Carry Jackets

AmericanBob

Now that it is winter time, and summer light weight vests are in the closet until Spring, I still want to carry. Now, being a big boy that I am, I would like to purchase a CCW Jacket in either 4x or 5x. But, most jackets I see on the net are only 3x. So my choice is to lose a lot of weight, which by that time it will be spring, and my need would be mute (for at least a season or two) or I need to find someone who can convert a nice leather jacket that I have now into a CCW jacket. Can anyone help me with this? Please?

Here's a jacket available in 4x from 5.11 Tactical: Link Removed

There are other ones that are available up to 4x on that site too, but many of them are ridiculously priced.

Now that it is winter time, and summer light weight vests are in the closet until Spring, I still want to carry. Now, being a big boy that I am, I would like to purchase a CCW Jacket in either 4x or 5x. But, most jackets I see on the net are only 3x. So my choice is to lose a lot of weight, which by that time it will be spring, and my need would be mute (for at least a season or two) or I need to find someone who can convert a nice leather jacket that I have now into a CCW jacket. Can anyone help me with this? Please?

Hey Bob, you may want to ck truck stops, the ones that have a big store attached, where you can buy all sorts of truck stuff, there's one here that my wife and I go to from time to time, foods great, but we noticed in the store they had several 4X jackets and coats that easly can be used as a CC coat

Bob,

Given that you've expressed those sizes, I'll take it your larger than the average Joe. I'm a bit soggy in the mid-section, so I sympathize with clothing issues.

Normally I would not suggest a shoulder holster for folks, but if it fits your needs then don't rule it out by any means. You are presenting a challenge for a lot of people who cannot think outside the box, fortunately the board members tend to do that and sometimes it's way outside the box. Just like gear for women, you have to think creatively.

Let's start here: What is your firearm of choice for carry?

The firearm of choice can make all the difference in how and where on your person you'll carry, no matter the body type. Example: soggy midsection makes it difficult to carry comfortably tight-against the body, it might also make hip wear not an option as it might push the holster out away from the body too far.

I'm a bit shorter than the average Joe, so I have difficulty hiding anything beyond a 4 inch barrel length (no jokes please), but I've managed to figure out the right attire to be able to conceal a CZ SP-01 Tactical. It wasn't easy, but it worked out quite well.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back